Vw Polo Help

Gwyn

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi, my son is looking to buy his first VW and has a budget of about £3,000 - £3,500 Max
He's seen a 2010 1.2TDi SE Polo that's done 98,000 miles, clean and has part service history, was hoping he'd find something with a few less miles. My concern is the mileage and a £3,200 price tag, what do you guys think ( or do any of you know of a better deals somewhere else ? )
TIA

With low mileage diesel beware catalytic converter issues. A decent mileage should hopefully mean the exhaust has been warmed through. Other issue would be the clutch as dual mass flywheel on diesels are expensive.

I bought my lad his polo last year, it's a 1.4 petrol as funnily enough it was cheaper than the 1.2.

It had done 64,000 miles and was just over £4I

20200207_135014.jpg

Meant to say we bought a 1.4 petrol fiesta zetec flame for my lad. 88,000 miles 05 plate good condition £2000 (4years ago) with the cam belt and water pump changed. Had the clutch done after a year £300 as not dual mass flywheel. Some minor issues mainly wear and tear except one issue with the ECU which has a known fault if coil pack fails. Great aftermarket repair service (thank goodness) which maintains the security codes. With this knowledge for £26 I would replace the coil pack on purchase next time.
Insurance on the 1.4 was negligible different to the 1.2 . Cheaper with me on his insurance as a named driver.

Back