VW Motorsport pulls out of WRC

So what will VW Motorsport actually do? Because it looks like they aren't actually doing Motorsport any more?!

If it's just tarting up VWs with R-line kit, I will cry.

Knock on effect from emission scandal. They are still going to do Rallycross and sell the new polo to rally teams but no factory team. Interestingly Seb Ogier was testing the new Rallycross Polo for next season so maybe he will compete for them there. Watch this space.

Knock on effect from emission scandal. They are still going to do Rallycross and sell the new polo to rally teams but no factory team. Interestingly Seb Ogier was testing the new Rallycross Polo for next season so maybe he will compete for them there. Watch this space.
Blimey, I shall proclaim you VW group expert of the forum. Very impressive knowledge!

Volkswagen Motorsport - News - WRC

One of saddest days in my life! Truly gutted right now. I have loved every second! Never loved watching something so much! Painful
Good news is WRC will continue without VW.
Do VW build there own rally cars, or do they out source it to people like Pro-Drive?
I guess that they are saving a few euros to give to the yanks for all the emissions porky pipes they told.!
Love the T's adore the T6, really hate VW UK, they lying despicable weasels, IMO!;);)

Good news is WRC will continue without VW.
Do VW build there own rally cars, or do they out source it to people like Pro-Drive?
I guess that they are saving a few euros to give to the yanks for all the emissions porky pipes they told.!
Love the T's adore the T6, really hate VW UK, they lying despicable weasels, IMO!;);)
They do build their own race cars. VW have a race centre in Hannover and Aldo a test track of their own. At Wolfsburg they have a dedicated race engineering division next to the Autostadt too. They are going to continue development and sell the cars to privateers.

They do build their own race cars. VW have a race centre in Hannover and Aldo a test track of their own. At Wolfsburg they have a dedicated race engineering division next to the Autostadt too. They are going to continue development and sell the cars to privateers.
Wow , you certainly know your VW
F1 is going a similar way in terms of the smaller teams selling drives to sons of Billionaires, but the sons do have to be up to it. Slightly different, but probably driven by similar economics.
I agree with the sport being brilliant to watch, the skill level is beyond believe, the only down side is that are not racing each other, just racing the clock.

Back