Vw Finance Deal Gone Sour...

Lukavell

DITryer. Sold!
T6 Legend
I'm not going to be in the T6 club yet. I was reading through the PCP paperwork last night, almost ready to sign, and came across a clause saying that I can only take the vehicle out of the UK for up to 60 days, which, unfortunately does not work for me. I spend most of my time in Italy and will do for the next year or so with maybe one road trip back. I highlighted my concerns with the sales guy who has been trying to get VW finance to make an exception all day but to no avail. Bit gutted to say the least, a personal loan would be way too much a month for my comfort and the only other option is to risk bringing it out here and I'm not sure I'm up for that amount of risk.

Problem is I've paid a deposit and they've fitted front and rear spoiler already for me so I can't see I'll get it all back, although I was clear about my location from the start.

Disappointing day:mad::cry:

Blame then and push for your deposit back, make it clear you were upfront about location etc if they won’t return go to VW customer care and try them I think you have a good shot as they will be able to resell it easy enough

Why not choose another funder, and go for a lease purchase - Payments should be the around the same, but a less restrictive deal?

Blame then and push for your deposit back, make it clear you were upfront about location etc if they won’t return go to VW customer care and try them I think you have a good shot as they will be able to resell it easy enough

I will. Im trying the soft effects first. Sales guy will get back to me tomorrow to let me know but if that's not satisfactory I will get very pushy!

Why not choose another funder, and go for a lease purchase - Payments should be the around the same, but a less restrictive deal?

Hi mate, is that a thing? Third party companies that offer lease purchase on VW used Assured?

I'll look into it but the biggest issue with that is that I've got a very small window of time to sort it out now. I'm back home tomorrow and had planned on picking it up then carrying on to my destination for another day before driving back in it.

If you’re fully approved for the finance, and have a UK address for postage, will anyone even know?

(Hell even with a non U.K. address if your finance is approved then there obviously isn’t an issue)

You could try ALD Automotive for finance.
Cheers Los I'll have a look at that.

If you’re fully approved for the finance, and have a UK address for postage, will anyone even know?

(Hell even with a non U.K. address if your finance is approved then there obviously isn’t an issue)

That has crossed my mind but if it goes wrong it could be very expensive!

What the hell has where it is got to do with lease company. You go travelling mate - yeah you will potentially need to drive a long way for a service but sod that 60 day nonsense.

What the hell has where it is got to do with lease company. You go travelling mate - yeah you will potentially need to drive a long way for a service but sod that 60 day nonsense.

It's barking mad!

I agree with the sentiment mate and it's very tempting, but if, and admittedly its a small chance, it went wrong they can confiscate the caravelle from me and then I'd be big time out of pocket. All things considered I'm going to wait until I'm back in the UK more permanently and find another.

Tell them to shove it up their arris and ask for all of your money back.

You were up front with them and the salesperson did not know the product they were selling.

All your money. And consider starting proceedings against them for breach of contract.

Ridiculous, If it were a California model it could easily be spending the winter six months touring Portugal etc like many UK motorhomes with retired owners

Back