VW events guide

Blitz

VIP Member
T6 Guru
@DaveyB. Many thanks for your work in updating and adding the events for this year.
As a VW virgin could I make a little suggestion that would help people like me ?
Could you put up a sticky thread listing those events that we have organised club pitches for and possibly hi-light those events that are considered the big must see weekends.
Many thanks again for your hard work and time.

Are you thinking something like a map (similar to the members map) and having all events in say red with club camping events in yellow?
If you see events near you the thread will say if anyone has arranged forum camping.
With some of the small events all it takes is a few vans to meet up outside, arrive together and parkup leaving space for others that have confirmed their attendance.

@Ed Webb that would be excellent and going the extra mile. Was thinking something simple but if your willing to put the effort in that’s great :thumbsup:

All good ideas gents. I must admit I had similar thoughts last night whilst spending the 3 hours doing it!
Let me talk to @Pauly over the next few days (work is currently mental) and we’ll see what is plausible to denote them better (I was thinking a proper calendar style thing) but obviously it’ll be about what can be done without costing Pauly any additional hosting/ alteration costs.

There will always be personal interpretation mind you as to events that are worth going to, which will equally be location dependent.

@Ed Webb that would be excellent and going the extra mile. Was thinking something simple but if your willing to put the effort in that’s great :thumbsup:
I was only coming up with a suggestions after reading your post.
I'm happy to go along and try a show and see what's its like. I think I can drag @Fish along to most local ones so I wouldn't be on my own. He loves an excuse to find more stuff for his van.
Essentially most shows are what you make them. Good mates, banter, beer and fire.
Team up with some local vans and hit a few shows. Maybe as a day to start.
The big shows tend to have more active threads - busfest and camperjam are probably the two busiest on here right now.

Tatton park on 5th August.
Always used to be a great show but not been for a few years. Anyone been recently and is it still good?

Alnwick Castle is high on my list. Great for the kids with Harry Potter and all that plus the beautiful gardens. Proper north for some members too. Could I promote this as a club meet and try to sort out a club pitch? I don’t want to step on anyone’s toes though. @DaveyB @Fish @Pauly etc

Last edited:
Ha, I do have some good info, despite some individuals on here saying otherwise. DB. AT. PC

Back