Very close to pulling the trigger on a T6

Andy Power

T6 Pro
Hi, I am seriously considering purchasing a VW Transporter - it's a 2.0 TDI BMT 150 Highline Kombi Van?
It has the bulkhead behind the split seats though I am told I can easily remove the seats for more room and even easily remove the bulkhead should I want the space of a panel van.
Though I'm excited I am very nervous as its a lot more money than I intended to spend - it's a June 2017 model with 5,000 on the clock.

I would love to hear any opinions on this particular van, it's running costs, reliability etc etc

Thank you in anticipation.

Andy

Hi
I have the similar T6 T30 Highline LWB but the 140 BHP TDI.
Bought last year may 2016 as a transporter van.
Cant keep the smile off my face every time I jump into it.
Fully converted last year - Pop top and bike rack etc etc
Insurance around £400 for 4 people to drive.
2 year servicing so still not had that pleasure!
between 35 and 40 MPG depending on load and heavy foot.
Touch wood - no issues mechanically.
6 speed and plenty of grunt.

Yes ....lots of dosh but....you cant take it with you ...so enjoy....LOTS!

Good grief Gavandi........yours must be something of a rarity in Nebraska? ;)
By the way.......who's your insurer.....that sounds dirt cheap.

Good grief Gavandi........yours must be something of a rarity in Nebraska? ;)
By the way.......who's your insurer.....that sounds dirt cheap.

Nebraska??!! Is that near Lincoln?

Insurance was through Safeguard last year - £386 for 2 people
This year through CAMH site who use Devitts as the broker - £411 for me, the boss, my son and his GF.

Ha ha.......the map's showing you in Lincoln, Nebraska!!:thumbsup:
LOL
Definitely not there.....but def nearer to Lincoln, UK:rofl:
AP....yes very reliable.
Highline spec is full of good features compared to retrofitting.
Coming home lights = headlights stay on when you get out of van and walk up your drive to light your way!! They go off on their own.
A/c good. Multi function wheel controls. Colour coded bumpers, w/m etc
Look at vw transporter site for full list.... you get back seats and windows already in.

LOL
Definitely not there.....but def nearer to Lincoln, UK:rofl:
AP....yes very reliable.
Highline spec is full of good features compared to retrofitting.
Coming home lights = headlights stay on when you get out of van and walk up your drive to light your way!! They go off on their own.
A/c good. Multi function wheel controls. Colour coded bumpers, w/m etc
Look at vw transporter site for full list.... you get back seats and windows already in.

Im almost certainly going to go for this :) It has Sat Nav which I really wanted - so thats a bonus....not sure if it has folding mirrors though (it just says electric mirrors so I assume thats to adjust them)
The only question the sales guy seemed to avoid was the mpg - I never got a straight answere, I know it wont give me what VW says it will do - but I dont want to buy something that needs to stop at every petrol station.
The load it will be carrying will not be massivly heavy, I am a Musician so I will have a PA rig (about 100kg in total), and other bits such as lights and amps etc..so I would say a grand total of 200 - 250KG (440 - 551 Lbs).

Sat nav a bonus.
Electric folding mirrors extra if I remember correctly.
Mine has heavy kitchen fit out at rear of LWB and bike rack etc.
Drove from Santander to Lincoln(UK)!! In June ,fully loaded , and still returned 35 mpg on average.

Getting around 40mpg in my T32 swb 150 Kombi on the motorway. Nearer 50mpg at a steady speed on A roads

Thats great, I also have the option of an Automatic (204 - 4 motion) with sportline alloys and side bars, heated seats etc etc... though its about £6,000 more but I guess the mpg would be pretty bad so I never persued the deal on this....though it does look really cool.

It's all down to how many beer tokens you can spend.
BUT owning a VW will be worth it whichever coat you choose to buy!
:fast rofl:

:) - I might stick with the 150 manual as I guess some cool alloys, sidebars and a spoiler would be much less than £6,000

Getting around 40mpg in my T32 swb 150 Kombi on the motorway. Nearer 50mpg at a steady speed on A roads
Hmmmm......is that the MFD figure or manually calculated? They're the figures I'm getting as per the MFD.........actual figure is consistently 7mpg lower.......love my T6 but dear oh dear, the MFD readout is a work of fiction!

Hmmmm......is that the MFD figure or manually calculated? They're the figures I'm getting as per the MFD.........actual figure is consistently 7mpg lower.......love my T6 but dear oh dear, the MFD readout is a work of fiction!

Checked on a refill and actual was very close - around 38 v the MFD figure of around 40.
So I'm quite comfortable quoting the MFD figure

My insurance group are asking if the Kombi is a T26 or T28 etc etc anyone know?
I don't think the Kombi is either. As far as I know it only comes as a T30 or T32 and these numbers refer to the gross vehicle weight, either 3 tons or 3.2 tons.

Hi, I am seriously considering purchasing a VW Transporter - it's a 2.0 TDI BMT 150 Highline Kombi Van?
It has the bulkhead behind the split seats though I am told I can easily remove the seats for more room and even easily remove the bulkhead should I want the space of a panel van.
Though I'm excited I am very nervous as its a lot more money than I intended to spend - it's a June 2017 model with 5,000 on the clock.

I would love to hear any opinions on this particular van, it's running costs, reliability etc etc

Thank you in anticipation.

Andy
Just reserved a 102 highline today! Just for the craic You gotta be in it to win it... wish I could afford a Kombi though

I've had my 102 highline a couple of months now and I love it.

Best of luck with your purchase

:thumbsup:

Back