VCDS 4807 - EGR System FIXED!

supernova

Hi all, thought i'd post this here with some pics.

I had an engine management light come on, so scanned the van with VCDS.
Fault code was 4807 - EGR System -
IMG_4126.jpg

I removed the EGR system and found this-
IMG_4132.jpg

Brought a new Pierburg EGR Valve from Euro Car Parts.

Fitted and tested OK.

What age, mileage, Euro status and engine type is this van please?

Cheers.
Thanks for the heads up, good photo!
I take it that it was too far gone to de-coke? :)

@supernova how easy was it to remove the EGR valve. I know there is plenty of content on here but in your opinion how was the removal and replacement? How long did this take you to do? Thanks

101K, not bad.
Are you going to clean and rebuild the old cooler / valve?
Edit: I just watched the Youtube video, beyond economical repair in that case, what a crap design. Hopefully better on the later T6 EGR unit

Last edited:
Cheers.
Thanks for the heads up, good photo!
I take it that it was too far gone to de-coke? :)
I think so. I could not get any of the blocked holes cleared with a screwdriver.
Not even sure you can get a replacement gasket for the cooler?

I might attempt to clean it out with an ultrasonic bath at some time.

Do you have to replace like for like ? Mine is a Hanon PLTE410F8Y1A-01 but not sure if another T6 version would fit as these seem to be rare.
Cheers
Stu

Do you have to replace like for like ? Mine is a Hanon PLTE410F8Y1A-01 but not sure if another T6 version would fit as these seem to be rare.
Cheers
Stu
I don't know about a T6 but my original was a Valeo as per the video above. I replaced with Pierburg (one of 3 different options available from Euro Car Parts).

I have decided not to attempt a repair on my old (VW Original) EGR.
If anyone wants it for spares (the electronic parts look ok to me), let me know.

I have decided not to attempt a repair on my old (VW Original) EGR.
If anyone wants it for spares (the electronic parts look ok to me), let me know.
I’d like to have the parts, not to use but to test some cleaning methods and see how tolerant the cooler body is to chemicals.
Obviously I’ll pay postage, I’ll PM you if all OK with you.

Reactions: mmi
I’d like to have the parts, not to use but to test some cleaning methods and see how tolerant the cooler body is to chemicals.
Obviously I’ll pay postage, I’ll PM you if all OK with you.
Yeah no problem PM me.

Back