Vankraft bracket problem

Sackmycook

Ex-owner
T6 Legend
Evening all,
I bought a double seat today from a chap on ebay with a Vankraft folding/reclining bracket. When it came to swapping the seats, I'm failing to see the additional 10 degree recline and it's not folding flat, probably about 10 degrees from horizontal.
It looks correctly fitted from a quick look.
Any observations and suggestions, photos below. Thanks
IMG-20210110-WA0004.jpeg20210110_164524.jpg20210110_164532.jpg20210110_164625.jpg

I'm thinking maybe this bracket is the Vankraft non- recline version ?
Difficult to identify as just has the Vankraft sticker

Last edited by a moderator:
I have vague recollections of a non-recline version. Would be worth contacting Vankraft to confirm.

Pete

There is no way, looking at the comparison photo that there is any perceivable difference to standard. The seller is telling me he bought it new from Vankraft in October. Shame they dont put a serial number on them or do they and I haven't spotted it yet?
I definitely smell a rat here....

Thankfully I paid via PayPal/ebay

I got mine from vankraft around the same time and mine folds flat and defo lays back more, I think you been sold a lemon may be worth taking back out and seeing if anything is jammed in it

I bought mine at that time as well. It folds completely flat and inclines further back. From your photos I'd say that doesn't look right

Gordon at Vankraft was super helpful when i picked up my bracket from there, perhaps you could contact him?

The instructions are a free download so could be worth checking it's been installed right, but to be honest there's little to go wrong.

I'm a big fan of the product and my seat does fold flat.

Seems to have had a lot of paint worn off it for something bought in October...

Evening all,
I bought a double seat today from a chap on ebay with a Vankraft folding/reclining bracket. When it came to swapping the seats, I'm failing to see the additional 10 degree recline and it's not folding flat, probably about 10 degrees from horizontal.
It looks correctly fitted from a quick look.
Any observations and suggestions, photos below. Thanks
View attachment 98211View attachment 98212View attachment 98213View attachment 98214

I'm thinking maybe this bracket is the Vankraft non- recliner version ?
Difficult to identify as just has the Vankraft sticker

this bracket looks like Vankraft although it's hard to tell from this angle.
Have you tried to fully disassemble the chair? maybe this lift is just a technical issue

my bracket from VanKraft, brought in May/June 2020, has a silver dial that rotates to lock/unlock the mechanism so not relying on the lever alone. Not a hole
In the front is there, so missing that bit?

FWIW, I got my Vankraft bracket mid-last year and it seems to recline more than yours (if the picture is anything to go by) and folds flat. It definitely reclines more than the original VW one that it replaced. How far does yours go back past the pillar? For reference, this is a snap of mine straight on through the sidedoor:
Recline.jpg

I'd be interested to know what people paid for them, I thought of getting this last year but didn't get round to it and I am sure the price is significantly more.

Back