Van Security, Steering lock or pedal lock

ellyp81

T6 Pro
Hi All

I'm thinking of added some security to my T6.

What are the recommended methods? I was looking at getting a Disk Lock steering wheel
Open to suggestions

Thanks

Disklok personally.
Nothing against pedal locks but they're not effective until after a potential thief has already broken into your van whereas the Disklok is visible, so would potentially deter the thief before they damage the locks/doors.
The "small" Disklok fits the T6 steering wheel.

Additional information here.....

If you have no security currently, the first thing I would do would be getting a Ghost Immobiliser fitted.

Reactions: CJW
Disklok personally.
Nothing against pedal locks but they're not effective until after a potential thief has already broken into your van whereas the Disklok is visible, so would potentially deter the thief before they damage the locks/doors.
The "small" Disklok fits the T6 steering wheel
That’s great and my thinking

Thanks

Both... and an immobiliser and a tracker. Call me paranoid if you like. :)

A mate recently had their van (not vw) lifted onto a flatbed and disappeared. The usual lack of interest by local law enforcement.
They only found that that was the way it was done as someone's cctv showed it being done around 6am in the background (they asked around, not police).
Thinking if factory immobiliser won't stop them, nothing will. Maybe a tracker - but unlikely you'll be able to do much about it - just see it disappearing off to Felixstowe and beyond.

Thinking if factory immobiliser won't stop them, nothing will.
Electric security gates and a damned awkward parking area that would require the flat bed to be parked on top of 2 other cars in order to reach the van! :cautious::sneaky:

While we're on the subject,
Pilkington glass cage. Another one outside that. (maybe 3 is overkill, but each to their own - i personally would not recommend it though). 50m minefield with those new AI droids that are rumoured to being experimentally deployed (allegedly in certain country to East of europe) that can choose whether friend or foe (have you seen robocop? - yes, thats the one). And a steering wheel lock. Just in case.

You always have to take it too far. :p

Back