Van out of warranty,egr light on again

tonyteeth

Hi everyone,my egr light is on again but my van has just run out of warranty.
I had roadside assistance out to me in September last year and they managed to clear the issue.
My question being as the fault has already been logged on the system will they honour fixing the problem.

Many thanks s

Based on my experience of VW I would very much doubt they will do anything unless you agree to pay.

Mine was 3 1/2 years old and they replaced the erg free of charge .They just said it was a common fault.
Mine is a euro 5

In my experience and in theory they should do as its already logged but you may need to be persistent. Dealerships vary a great deal in their approach I've found.
May be worth taking out extended warranty now?

Mine was 3 1/2 years old and they replaced the erg free of charge .They just said it was a common fault.
Mine is a euro 5
Thanks mate,that’s good to know,mine is on a 68 plate ad losing faith in it rapidly.
For what we pay for the privilege of owning one it’s a shocking fault to keep getting

Mine is a euro 5
Thanks mate where abouts are you based at,if it’s not too far away it could be worth ringing the same dealership

I had a problem with my Audi S3 , reported it 4 days before warranty ran out, could not get to the garage for a week , told me if I did not come in the next 4 days they would charge me !!

Had mine flushed for the 8th time a couple of months out of warranty and promptly got rid of it.

Had mine flushed for the 8th time a couple of months out of warranty and promptly got rid of it.
Yes mate,that’s my plan.

Just simply getting rid of it,I can’t be living in fear of it coming on constantly just because I don’t boot it everywhere I go or the fact I don’t do motorway miles.

Massively disappointed with my transporter experience.

Back