Van locking with barn doors open

DaveF

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Bit strange but if I unlock my van and then just open the barn doors the central locking has started re-locking the van....even with the rear doors opened? Anyone else had this and traced why? If I unlock the van and open the drivers doors and then the rear it doesn't happen??

It sounds like the van doesn't know that the rear door has been opened, so probably has a faulty lock/latch/switch.

Do any interior lights come on when you open the back doors?

It sounds like the van doesn't know that the rear door has been opened, so probably has a faulty lock/latch/switch.

Do any interior lights come on when you open the back doors?

I'll check that later thanks. It's obviously unlocking correctly but then relocking as it hasn't sensed the rear doors open, so you're probably right!

How long dies it take after opening the rear door does than van re-lock itself ?

How long dies it take after opening the rear door does than van re-lock itself ?

A few minutes I'd say....almost the same as when you unlock the van and don't open any doors (then it relocks itself)

Just tried mine and if i did nothing the van re-locked after about 30 seconds. I opened the rear door and still had not re=locked after 2 minutes or so..........just make sure you don't open the rear door and leave your keys in the back.

Just tried mine and if i did nothing the van re-locked after about 30 seconds. I opened the rear door and still had not re=locked after 2 minutes or so..........just make sure you don't open the rear door and leave your keys in the back.

Thanks for checking man, much appreciated. Good advice too!!

Back