Van is being returned, Wanted t6 or t6.1

sipep

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Looks like this was the shortest ownership in history.

Found a number of issues with my VW used approved.. rear locks, sliding door locks, driver door lock.. my local VW won't help as they are classed as wear and tear..

The search starts again..

Maybe I should push for a t6.1 start line with business park...

Sad to hear it hasn’t worked out for you this time! No matter how good a deal it seemed at the time(seen previous posts) if you’re not happy you’ve done the right thing!
One bit of advice I can give is don’t rush the right van will come along best of luck

Sad to hear it hasn’t worked out for you this time! No matter how good a deal it seemed at the time(seen previous posts) if you’re not happy you’ve done the right thing!
One bit of advice I can give is don’t rush the right van will come along best of luck
Thank you.

I paid £21000 for a 2017 highline swb t28, seen a 2021 lwb startline t30 for £26000. Both similar mileage, 4 years newer, £5k more.

I know it’s so tempting like a kid in a sweet shop I felt the same before buying mine!
Just take time to really think what you want out of the van and regarding specs what can be retro fitted etc!
Obvs highline is a good place to start as a fair bit as standard fog lights,colour coded bumpers, mfsw,air con just to name a few!
Newer startlines with business pack will give you air con
Not sure what you plan to do inside conversions etc weight could be a factor
Could be worth saving that little bit more for the right van to start your journey
Best of luck

The 6.1 startline seems a lot better than the t6 startline. They come with more kit , we do want the camper route. I watched a video from a conversion company saying that they use startline now for the campers.

For something to gauge against, when I worked in Cambridge I bought an ex lease rep, 3 year old Passat to drive the 30 miles to work in daily. It lasted 5 years before I stopped using it to commute in. It was back in 2005 and by 2010 we kept it as the second car before it was written off a couple of years later. But it cost me £6k (at 90k miles) and we got £1800 from the insurer. I was keeping a record of the costs to run it and allowed a £1000 per year in depreciation. That turned out to be about right for it in the end. So move forward 10 years and your suggestion that 4 years costs another £5, sounds ok to me. Obviously it comes down to how much you can afford at the time of buying, but it appears most mid price vehicles (£30k - £40k) loose 2/3 the initial cost in the first 3-4 years (at least a high milage lease car) and then a grand a year after that. That's my thoughts on it.
Incidentally I found out that the cost of a car is about double the fuel costs. So adding depreciation, VED, Insurance, Servicing and MOT, tyres etc, costs roughly the same per mile of fuel, when you adding wear and tear.

Last edited:
Thank you Dave, The VW dealer wants me to get a quote for the repairs.

Well the van is defo going back. It's being collected Tuesday.

I've seen a couple of interesting options

2020 cooper bronze highline 82k 110 bhp tailgate used VW approved for £24,000 (probably an ex rental VW van from the VW sales guy said)

2019 t6 very low mileage (23k) 150bhp used for mountain bike trips, personal van, very good condition, ( tasty wheels, and front and rear spoilers all done by sv vans) in Mojave beige, barn doors £24,500.

2020 sportline 35k white, white general van , barn doors, £24000.

Well the van is defo going back. It's being collected Tuesday.

I've seen a couple of interesting options

2020 cooper bronze highline 82k 110 bhp tailgate used VW approved for £24,000 (probably an ex rental VW van from the VW sales guy said)

2019 t6 very low mileage (23k) 150bhp used for mountain bike trips, personal van, very good condition, ( tasty wheels, and front and rear spoilers all done by sv vans) in Mojave beige, barn doors £24,500.

2020 sportline 35k white, white general van , barn doors, £24000.
Are they plus vat @sipep looks like a good list!

It's hard to decide..

T6 highline low mileage (better engine ?)Vs a t6.1 high mileage..

Will eventually get converted.

Back