Upgrade/head unit change

Tiny

Hi All
Just wanted to see if anyone has any idea of upgrading the head unit. I want to upgrade to a head unit that has sat nav etc. It's either fork out mega bucks for a vw unit or go with none vw unit. Just wanted to know if anybody has any ideas as to what unit to go for.
Thanks.

We have supplied many owners on here and else where with the excellent Pioneer AVIC F88dab, we can also include full plug and play harness to retain parking sensors, mfsw and other bits like dab adapter, fm adapter, dash USB retention kit etc.

Drop us a call or pm for further info

Does anyone know if the Pioneer AVIC F88DAB Head unit is fully compatible with the factory fitted front and rear sensors and reversing camera?

Info is in the post above, it is compatible but requires a harness to retain full functionality
@Absolut5 is the forum guru on this stuff
Ah but it doesn't mention factory fit reversing camera and as far as I am aware they haven't fitted one yet with that configuration.

AFAIK you can get an adapter to change the camera wiring over from VW standard to pioneer compatible but not sure if it's part of the harness mentioned above or an additional piece, will bow out to Jasons superior knowledge on this one

IMG_1592.JPG
Ah but it doesn't mention factory fit reversing camera and as far as I am aware they haven't fitted one yet with that configuration.
Hi

The 88 will work with front and rear parking sensors, we can also retain the dash USB, dab aerial, and most functions of a mfsw...

Regarding the factory camera, just needs to be adapted

Ok so I've had the camera installed but it won't code to get to the point where an image will appear. Tech said can't even code it far enough to get the screen to turn on.. Help!!

Last edited:
Ok so I've had the camera installed but it won't code to get to the point where an image will appear. Tech said can't even code it far enough to get the screen to turn on.. Help!!

Where did the camera come from?

Have you checked all connections?

Where did the camera come from?

Have you checked all connections?

I'd hope the tech would have checked all connections before telling me he wasn't having any luck with the coding..

This is where I got the camera (who also told me it could be connected to a 1K8035150H head unit) :-

Volkswagen T6 Transporter Multivan Reverse Camera Retrofit kit VW OEM Genuine genuine VW Transporter Multivan T6 OEM Rear View Camera kit with Guidance Lines 7E0980121 - Euro Car Performance & Electronics Upgrades

The tech installing it said it's a non cambus camera which is different than the Multivan camera so upgrading the head unit to a Multivan unit won't work either in his opinion.

Hi Craig

Just seen your email...

I'm afraid this camera is not compatible with your headunit....

I suggest a NavTV interface with a Pioneer camera..

The image will never be that great due to the low res of the screen

Hi Craig

Just seen your email...

What head unit would this camera work on?
If Multivans have cambus cameras then it won't work with them. Doesn't this camera work with anything T6 genuine?

What head unit would this camera work on?
If Multivans have cambus cameras then it won't work with them. Doesn't this camera work with anything T6 genuine?

They work with these-

• Composition Colour
  • Composition Media
  • Discover Media
  • Discover Media Plus

They work with these-

• Composition Colour
  • Composition Media
  • Discover Media
  • Discover Media Plus

Ok thanks. I want the reversing camera to work, and an fm stereo radio, Bluetooth, and steering wheel radio and phone functions to work. Don't need Satnav or Apple play. So which of these would be the best for me??

So
Hi Craig

Just seen your email...

So it's the low res screen that makes the image crap? And the camera's ok to stick with if I get a better screen head unit?

Do you have a helpful main dealer ? As installing another OE headunit will require them to code it to the vehicle,

The OE camera is ok but nothing special

Do you have a helpful main dealer ? As installing another OE headunit will require them to code it to the vehicle,

Yeah the dealer is helpful as it was kinda their stuff up which started this mess.

Pauly (senior member/admin) said my head unit should work as it is a H and not a B/D/E/L model. Is this not true Jason? The bloke who sold us the camera says it will code (but takes an hour) but he's 300km away.

coding does not take a hour, takes longer to boot laptop up than coding...

Can you borrow or purchase the kit to code it yourself, as it will come in handy later on .

I was informed H didn't work, but I haven't had to fit a camera to this model yet..

Back