Uniroyal Rainsport 5 Tyres

DavidS

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Has any one got their van shod with Uniroyal Rainsport 5 tyres?

Interested to know what your experience/thoughts are with performance - wear/mileage, noise, fuel consumption etc.

I recently put them, 255/40/20 on the front, will be going on the rear 275/35/20 soon. Nice drive, better than the cheap tyres I got shipped with the alloys when new. Too early to tell about fuel but being on 20's and lowered I doubt it makes any difference. Road noise is quite. Had Rainsports years ago and always liked them.van_191220226.jpg

I have them on my 18” Amarok steels in 235/50R18 size and am really pleased with them. Wearing well compared to the Bridgestone all season tyres they replaced. Will happily fit them again. I dont track MPG and they seem fairly quiet, it is a van after all!

As an aside, these are popular with the Caterham Seven fraternity as a touring tyre - reasonable dry grip (they’re never going to be as good as a Toyo R888), excellent wet weather grip and reasonably priced in 185/70R13 size.

I recently put them, 255/40/20 on the front, will be going on the rear 275/35/20 soon. Nice drive, better than the cheap tyres I got shipped with the alloys when new. Too early to tell about fuel but being on 20's and lowered I doubt it makes any difference. Road noise is quite. Had Rainsports years ago and always liked them.View attachment 185162
Cheers for your thoughts & nice van! :thumbsup:

I have them on my 18” Amarok steels in 235/50R18 size and am really pleased with them. Wearing well compared to the Bridgestone all season tyres they replaced. Will happily fit them again. I dont track MPG and they seem fairly quiet, it is a van after all!

As an aside, these are popular with the Caterham Seven fraternity as a touring tyre - reasonable dry grip (they’re never going to be as good as a Toyo R888), excellent wet weather grip and reasonably priced in 185/70R13 size.
Cheers for your thoughts!

Got them on mine 275 40 20 and seen to be wearing well, dont get much road noise considering the size and generally happy with them.

Got them on mine 275 40 20 and seen to be wearing well, dont get much road noise considering the size and generally happy with them.
Cheers for the info & thoughts :thumbsup:. Think I'll get a set ordered and fitted intime for the wonderfully warm dry Scottish spring & summer..

What pressures are you running them at?

Also got them on mine on standard 7.5J Amarok steels. 235/50/18 I think. 42 rear and 45psi front I think. Much more grip and a softer ride over bumps that the eco 16” tyres from before. So not a fair comparison perhaps. Great in the wet and seem to be wearing well over the last 9 months or so!

Also got them on mine on standard 7.5J Amarok steels. 235/50/18 I think. 42 rear and 45psi front I think. Much more grip and a softer ride over bumps that the eco 16” tyres from before. So not a fair comparison perhaps. Great in the wet and seem to be wearing well over the last 9 months or so!
Thanks for the thoughts and info :thumbsup:

Back