Metal under engine cover / sump cover plate

Martin Denison

hi.

Recently moved from a caddy to T6.
I fitted an under belly cover in the engine bay and it massively reduced noise and improved mpg slightly.

I have found them for T5s but want to know if they can be got for the T6 or will a T5 fit ?

Many thanks

Hi @Martin Denison , for some reason VW only fit them to kombis and not panel vans as standard, a few people have had them fitted IIRC they were in the region of £120-130 ish

I had one on my 2010 t5.1 which I have since fitted to my T6 without any issues.
Fitted just the same.

I've bought one of these and it was easy to fit and looks like it will offer a degree of protection to the base of the engine. Came with all the fixings required to fit. Instructions or similar to a airfix kit with no words but pictures are obvious. Also arrived in a matter of days following ordering.

Would you let me know what the outcome was please, any noise reduction at all?
:)

I think there was a bit of noise reduction noticeably when wet as you can't hear the wheels going through puddles as much. Currently driving a PV with bulk head so the van is pretty noisy anyway.

Sorry all. Late to the party on this one. Noticed my T6 does not have a protective sump and engine tray. Have I read correctly that this is the case on certain T6s? Cheers

Yes correct. Several threads on here about fitting one.

Pete

Has anyone bought one of these off eBay yet ?

Anyone got any suggestions for engine protection for light off-road use ?

cheers ABC70E74-27CE-4891-BCE4-A7E16799B555.jpeg

Back