TV's

Rob

VIP Member
T6 Guru
i am looking for a little help please before I end up sitting in a corner rocking back and forth.

I do like to have decent TV's even though it doesn't improve the s**t programs that are broadcast it does help to see any grey hairs that Ant & Dec are trying to cover up which leads me to my dilemma. Back at Christmas I treated myself to an LG Oled curved TV which came with an hefty price tag but to be honest I had nothing but trouble and went through 3 sets in 6 months before I accepted defeat and got my money back. Ever since then I have been looking for an LED replacement around 55inch but I just cannot make my mind up. When I think I have made a decision something crops up which changes my mind again to the point that the wife does not find this whole thing funny at all lol.

Today I made my mind up once and for all so reserved a set at Currys and drove the 30mins to the store to collect it but made the mistake of having a quick look around first and guess what, I left with an empty van.

So what I am after is a premium set 55inch or above and not curved because we already have a few of them and I personally cannot see any benefit. Please someone help me decide but she stops talking to me altogether.

Get yourself to Costco... Have a look at the TVs, and pick one that you think will work. They have a no quibble swap out policy in TVs that lets you change it up to two or three months later eg if size wrong, or screen doesn't look as nice at home as it did in shop. & I think 5 year warranty as standard (as long as you keep membership going)

Reactions: Rob
Just bought 55inch Sony, went into Leeds, looked at Currys, then to the independents and worked out the best spec for best price. Avoided the latest model (expensive) and got a brilliant deal on outgoing model, unless you really must have latest spec that's where the best deals are. 2015 spec set for less than half the price of 2016 model, Sony shop beat Currys price, picture is amazing on HD & Bluray, can spend money I saved on the van.......

Reactions: Rob
@Caravellet6 i must admit I am a bit of stickler for having the latest models which doesn't help and I agree there are some cracking deals to be had on 2015 models but I think my main issue is that the one I really want in 6k but certainly not willing to pay that much so settled for a around a 2k give it a few hundred but can't help comparing them to the one I really want so i need to find a compromise.

Panasonic VT60, had it for three years, plasma and runs rings around any LED.

it has to be lg, Samsung or Panasonic in my eyes. They others are always playing catchup.

Do u have a Richer Sounds near you? I have always found their knowledge and advice useful. Their website might be worth checking too.

Prices will all crash soon on the run up to Christmas.

I took the plunge and after months of researching the hell out of it I narrowed it down to 2 and put the decision in the hands of my 6 year old because if not it would be Christmas and I still wouldn't have brought one. He went for Sony's flagship XD9305 which is being delivered tomorrow morning.

I know what you mean with Richer sounds and I do like them but the nearest one is about 30 mins away in the centre of Nottingham
and they a carpark that would fit 2 smart cars and a Releigh Chopper in it and the streets surrounding it parking permit so it's just and absolute pain and also I have been in bigger toilets that the shop itself which is a shame because they are far more knowledgable than anyone at Currys.

Very nice,I've got the Samsung 7series 4K can't fault it

Samsung all the way for me, still have a Samsung ue65es8000
4 years old and still the best picture I've seen.
And I've purchase the new ks9000 series and if I'm honest, I still think my old one is a better picture.

Back