Tour de France

CRD

T6 Guru
Just watching the live footage on Eurosport of today's stage of the TDF through the Pyrenees heading to the Col de Tourmalet. Scenery is sooo dramatic and is something I would love to do once I get my van set up sorted, tons of campers and plenty of VW's by the roadside.
Has anyone visited that rough area or ever followed a stage of the TDF? The Yorkshire stage doesn't count btw :p

I have little interest in the Tour but when we went to the Pyrenees a couple of years ago we stayed at a site in Argeles Gazost, a couple of people told us it had had a stage there in the past.
No idea if it was true or not but I could really imagine it being so, awesome scenery and hills.
There were plenty of cyclists in all the gear trying to recreate their heroes was quite amusing to watch. If you're that way inclined though I'd recommend the area as it was truly beautiful.

I have little interest in the Tour but when we went to the Pyrenees a couple of years ago we stayed at a site in Argeles Gazost, a couple of people told us it had had a stage there in the past.
No idea if it was true or not but I could really imagine it being so, awesome scenery and hills.
There were plenty of cyclists in all the gear trying to recreate their heroes was quite amusing to watch. If you're that way inclined though I'd recommend the area as it was truly beautiful.
Although I enjoy cycling, it was more the scenery that grabbed me- truly breathtaking.

Back