Torch geeks

former member

Account closed
T6 Pro
While I'm not fussed about spending two grand on some headlights, I DO like a nice torch/headtorch/bike light and this little thing just popped through the door.

1000 lumens (it's VERY bright), waterproof, bombproof (nearly), fits in a pocket easily, four modes and the best thing - can be recharged directly via a normal USB port without removing the battery. And it comes with a very good rechargeable battery too (2900mAh).
It's my 3rd Fenix TK torch (lost one!) and they are most excellent. Pricey (£84 off an Ebay seller) but worth it.

Fenix TK20R Rechargeable LED Tactical Flashlight

Add that to the Petzl Nao head-torch (auto sensing, 650 lumens) and the MTB lights (1700 lumen bar light, 500 lumens helmet mounted light) and I am Mr Bright.

Could be useful for some of you?

Exposure are great; external battery on mine but I do get decent run time.
If it dies, I'll go Exposure too.

Need good kit for Coastguard shouts, especially searches.

Exposure Diablo helmet light here. I have an old MTB Batteries Lumenator on the bars but that needs to be replaced for next winter. Great value at £90 for about 1600 lumens but will be going Exposure for the replacement as the integrated design is so much easier to use. I also have a couple of Fenix torches for general use

My bar light was made by a "shed" maker called Luminous; very (in fact incredibly) well made but when I had to send it back for a tweak he got in a right strop and stopped making them!
Luckily MTB batteries can still make a new battery if needed but it's £120!

Alpkit for head torches, Chinese fakes on eBay for front bike lights. I've had some amazing bike lights for pennies, I just don't let them out of my sight when charging. Maglite do some nice LED torches now, but not cheap.

Pretty expensive for 1000 lumens i paid £90 for a nitecore TM06 3800 lumens and £180 for a Thrunite TN36 6000 lumens all coke can size mind i tend to lose the small ones :l

Pretty expensive for 1000 lumens i paid £90 for a nitecore TM06 3800 lumens and £180 for a Thrunite TN36 6000 lumens all coke can size mind i tend to lose the small ones :l
You can definitely get way more lumens per buck but I want reliable electronics and serious build quality.
Fenix seem to combine quality with a reasonable price; some US brands are crazy money.

I love my Exposure bike lamps! I was very lucky and won them in a competition back in 2005 and they are still going strong now.

I love a torch but I've given up spending silly money as they get lost or damaged at work, now days I'm buying them from Costco. I think they are £15 for a pair with Duracell's, they quality isn't as good as the like of the LED Lensers but at that price I don't mind buying a few replacements.
Feit High Performance Ultra Bright 2x 750 Lumens LED Flashlight Torch Twin Pack

Back