To Use Or Not To Use....

Victor19

T6 Pro
A bit of advice please, had the van 3 weeks now and loving it....( 67, 102 Hi line ..9,000mls.)

Thing is Mon - Friday it sits on the driveway waiting for the weekend when it can have a long trip out.
My commute to work is only a 20 min urban drive and as I work a split shift that's four short journeys a day Don't want to end up with dpf issues so use the wife's car when I can or get lifts.
Am I doing the right thing? should I still give it a run out one or two evenings? could there be ad blue issues?

Thanks in advance.

Well I only use mine every two weeks or so then it's a 150 mile trip to Wales. If I'm not useing it for longer than that I usualy take it out for around twenty mile run to keep th ebattery charged up.

From my experience, don't do long periods of idling and don't do repeated short trips with the fuel light on. It prevents active regens and the DPF doesn't get cleaned out. When there's been plenty fuel in the tank, then, touch wood, never had an issue with DPF with any short trips thus far.

youve got it . . . . . so get out and use it !!!

if you get a DPF warning light on due to short trips, a quick bast up the motorway will soon fix that.

dont get lifts . . . . . drive to work in style. =]

Mine sits on the driveway all week, but gets good run outs of a weekend. Never had any dpf issues.

Mine does 8 miles to work and back and loads of short trips to collect kids etc. I paid a lot of money for it and expect to be able to use it! It's gets a blast every nown and again. 204 manual.

It's oftern does it's Regan thing but not any any issues (yet)

That’s why I went for a TSI, didn’t think driving 3 miles each way to work would do any good. Although I must start walking when it’s dry!

Ours does really short journeys most days on the school run. We had an issue a few weeks back which turned out to be a regen issue, it now gets a good blast once a week.

I say use it, would you think different if it was a car, the weekend trips will balance things out!

Thanks guys
Feel reassured and your right paid a lot of hard earned for it so should use it and show it off.

Couldn’t use mine during the week even if I wanted to, since I have to use a works car. The van was bought for a specific reason and it fulfills that purpose perfectly every weekend.

Back