To side bar?.....or not to side bar? That is the question.

VWT6JGB

I'm considering side bars as I think they give a bit more style and character. Any advice on buying some please? From VW dealer or other supplier? Chrome or Black? Fit myself or pay for fitting? Can anyone recommend any suppliers or fitters? I'd like to think I could do this myself but I'd probably mess it up.
I have a SWB T6 Transporter T32

I have black round bar ones fitted at the dealership, really like them.
There are loads of places now offering them, Vanstyle, Customvanz etc have clear pictures to assist in your decision. You may find that fitting them yourself is a pain in the posteria without a ramp to get a decent amount of working clearance. Equally, they are in the VW accessories brochure.

My two penneth (I have many);
The wife gouged the old Cali at three months
old so I got it sorted and had VW bars fitted mostly for protection.

They looked quite good but scratched easily and were a bit of a pain to clean; so we decided against them on our T6.

The official method in the instructions shows the wiring entering van under seats and stopping in a prefitted plug, it then has additional cabling that goes up each A pillar and has connectors on the end to tap into the main front roof light, this would be necessary if fitted to a PV as front and rear lighting is separate
If fitting to a kombi i see no reason to not connect it to step lights as the interior lighting is all activated together, shouldnt be much bother shortening cable etc and if step light plugs are different from roof light connectors then plugs are available if required to tap into step lights without cutting/splicing

Just finished the above. Wired into the roof light down the A pillar and under the carpet to under the seats. Biggest PITA??? re installing the front step. Nearly lost my s*** with the passenger side!! All done now though. Time to fit the bars.........

The non LED are coming at some point, VW brochure says 'coming soon' for the last several months
I assume the black LED ones will also follow at some point after but no official word from VW so it could be months away or not at all, no way to tell

I like the look of those, I wasn't going to bother with side bars after taking delivery of the van thought it looked fine without, but those LED ones are superb. Anyone know of a fitter for these down in Kent area?

I like the look of those, I wasn't going to bother with side bars after taking delivery of the van thought it looked fine without, but those LED ones are superb. Anyone know of a fitter for these down in Kent area?
Seriously give it a go yourself. I have form for being utterly useless at anything like that and I fitted them myself.

i wouldn't know where to start. have zero knowledge about anything like this lol would destroy my van if I attempted it

The non LED are coming at some point, VW brochure says 'coming soon' for the last several months
I assume the black LED ones will also follow at some point after but no official word from VW so it could be months away or not at all, no way to tell

Where is this brochure of which you speak?

Ta. Those seem to have the puddle lights (which I can live without) be interested to see cost of non LED if they do them.

Back