Thule Easybase, Owners Thoughts?

True Romance

204 TDi DSG LWB
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Guys have an Thule easybase (with storage bag attachment). Going to try it out this weekend but interested to hear what owners think? Are they secure? Stable while driving? Does the towbar bolt ever come loose? Got visions of pulling up at the campsite with the whole thing missing!

Thanks.

20190430_172054.jpg

If it’s anything like the bike racks it’ll be rock solid :thumbsup:

I don't have one but wonder what you shall put into it that you can't keep inside.

I have one, fab piece of kit.
If u cut the bottom of the upright support bar, the bar can stay attached folded down and the tailgate will open.

IMG_3859.JPG

I don't have one but wonder what you shall put into it that you can't keep inside.
tbh I had it cheap (never used) from my brother otherwise I'd probably not have purchased one. Would only really be used for longer distance trips when we may have stops on route so can still use the inside of the van.

20190512_101919.jpg So used this last weekend and I'm very impressed! Very stable even over twisty country roads. Easy to put on and remove. Takes a fair about of gear. Filled with the awning and all the bulky light weight items like tables, ground sheets, mats, etc.

I bought one, put it onto the rack and thought this is just mad as everything I carry I can put inside the camper on the floor so I took it straight back off, put it in the garage and it has sat there unloved/never used for over a year.
Seemed a great idea at the time.......

Back