Thoughts after my first long T6 trip

MotoPL

T6 Pro
Been reading lots of people's thoughts on here about the T6's good and bad points without being able to join in, but now I've just done my first 400 mile trek, thought I'd add my thoughts.

Seat comfort: seats were supportive, comfy, and no aching back for me... And that coming from someone with a history of slipped discs is a definite plus.

Leaking windows: not a leak in sight despite some biblical rain.

Fuel Economy: 38-40. Not great, but still better than the Kia Sorento the T6 replaced so happy-ish.

Discovery satnav: worked brilliantly. Just wish I could find an option to put the units into km when on the continent.

Steering: incredibly tight turning circle, and unlike certain other comments, not overly light, even at speed. Dead easy to keep in a straight line.

LED headlights: awesome. So glad I ticked that box.

Noise levels: with the extra seal fitted and rear insulated and lined, it's pretty much as quiet as a big estate car.

Suspension: ok, it's a T32 so was expecting it to be a little harsh.... I was wrong. It's VERY harsh, and the sh**ty Belgian roads showed it up a treat. :-( luckily I don't live in Belgium.

Only real complaint so far is the passenger window rattling when lowered by a few inches. Annoying.

All in all, I'd give it an 8/10 :)

Yep those Belgian roads are shocking; I genuinely thought I was going to break my 18s (car not van) on them; massive holes even on main autoroutes.

The T6 is definitely a good mile muncher.

I have a door that rattles when stereo is on and its driving me mad - other than that Im happy as larry with mine.

Been reading lots of people's thoughts on here about the T6's good and bad points without being able to join in, but now I've just done my first 400 mile trek, thought I'd add my thoughts.

Seat comfort: seats were supportive, comfy, and no aching back for me... And that coming from someone with a history of slipped discs is a definite plus.

Leaking windows: not a leak in sight despite some biblical rain.

Fuel Economy: 38-40. Not great, but still better than the Kia Sorento the T6 replaced so happy-ish.

Discovery satnav: worked brilliantly. Just wish I could find an option to put the units into km when on the continent.

Steering: incredibly tight turning circle, and unlike certain other comments, not overly light, even at speed. Dead easy to keep in a straight line.

LED headlights: awesome. So glad I ticked that box.

Noise levels: with the extra seal fitted and rear insulated and lined, it's pretty much as quiet as a big estate car.

Suspension: ok, it's a T32 so was expecting it to be a little harsh.... I was wrong. It's VERY harsh, and the sh**ty Belgian roads showed it up a treat. :-( luckily I don't live in Belgium.

Only real complaint so far is the passenger window rattling when lowered by a few inches. Annoying.

All in all, I'd give it an 8/10 :)
Extremely realistic review. Thank you.

I wish we had the LEDs but we haven't so we're stuck with H4s but those aside, actually no, I have had one night journey with them and I didn't think they were as bad as some make out. Admittedly I am comparing my old car which I never washed so the lights were mega dim at the best of times with salt grime built up on them.

I would agree with the above, the T6 is a nice runner, I drove 432 miles home from Cornwall on Sunday and it was a comfortable trip. I have the ACC, I must say on a motorway it is the bee's knees, from picking up the A30 north of Truro all the way to leaving the M54 at Telford I didn't need to do anything at all, just let it take us along, it kept a safe distance and returned excellent MPG.

Mine is a T28 so maybe a bit softer but I didn't think it was that harsh a ride but it does have a tendency to roll about on bends.

I didnt think the H4's were as bad as people make out either. I was on unlit country roads and they worked well. I have new bulbs for them so dont think I will ever upgrade to LED.

To be fair I have no idea what the standard headlights are like.

Just that I came from a car with ok-ish lights to the T6, and the LEDs are in a different league.

Maybe the standard lights would have been improvement on what I had?!

Additional thought about the harshness of the ride.

Just before setting off I checked tyre pressures and found the van had been delivered to me with 45 all round. Not the 57 front, 48 rear it should have been. So I got the pressures up.

On the shorter journeys prior to that I'd thought it was OK.
But now, even the concrete sections of the m25 were a tad uncomfortable.

Still, I love my van so not complaining :-D

To be fair I have no idea what the standard headlights are like.

Just that I came from a car with ok-ish lights to the T6, and the LEDs are in a different league.

Maybe the standard lights would have been improvement on what I had?!
I didn't mean to imply that the H4s were anywhere near as good as the LEDs, it seems unanimous here that they're not. Just I didn't think that the H4s were as bad as I'd feared

I have a door that rattles when stereo is on and its driving me mad - other than that Im happy as larry with mine.

Not long now....getting my front door sound deadening done along with an audio upgrade and rear conversion in a few weeks! Can't wait to get rid of all the rattles now!

Not long now....getting my front door sound deadening done along with an audio upgrade and rear conversion in a few weeks! Can't wait to get rid of all the rattles now!

After I'd all my bits n pieces done, thats when I started noticing all the rattles, as it was generally pretty quiet in there.

Back