Thanks for that Covid!

Big Al

everythings a grand!
VIP Member
T6 Guru
We are due to collect our new camper conversion this weekend. We had to drop it to the converters early due to me going to work in France so haven`t seen it since the end of September. Now thanks to Covid I`m sat in a hotel room in Milan until I`m no longer a threat to society.......great! They have had the van longer than us, we only got it the 1st Sept. To say we`re gutted is a bit understated but there you go. One day......

I am sorry to hear that you are stuck in a hotel room. I hope that the time passes quickly. Are all on your own or with colleagues? Are being well fed and watered, wined and dined?

We are due to collect our new camper conversion this weekend. We had to drop it to the converters early due to me going to work in France so haven`t seen it since the end of September. Now thanks to Covid I`m sat in a hotel room in Milan until I`m no longer a threat to society.......great! They have had the van longer than us, we only got it the 1st Sept. To say we`re gutted is a bit understated but there you go. One day......

We feel your pain. For a while there it looked like ours was going to be stuck at the converters, all completed, until December and I admit it caused some serious sulking...

... but they are going to deliver next week!!

Love Milan but I guess not quite as appealing if you are stuck inside 4 walls, apart from brief forays outside.

Hope your times passes quickly.

I too feel your pain.
We bought our crafter in Nov, immediately SORNed it and had it delivered to the converter knowing that he could store it for a couple of months before starting work on it.
Covid and a medical operation intervened and we finally collected in June!
Chuffed to bits with the result though, top work takes time. :laugh:

I am sorry to hear that you are stuck in a hotel room. I hope that the time passes quickly. Are all on your own or with colleagues? Are being well fed and watered, wined and dined?
Hi, apart from a few days of feeling a bit rough in the mornings and a pain in my upper back I actually feel fine this morning. I was supposed to fly home this morning too (Friday 6th) to be home to pick the van up! The hotel are great, just phone for breakfast. Evening meals are strange as there are no restaurants open so everything is a take away delivered to the hotel. Thanks.

We feel your pain. For a while there it looked like ours was going to be stuck at the converters, all completed, until December and I admit it caused some serious sulking...

... but they are going to deliver next week!!

Love Milan but I guess not quite as appealing if you are stuck inside 4 walls, apart from brief forays outside.

Hope your times passes quickly.
Hi, I have only seen the hotel and the clients workshop here in Milan unfortunately, its always the same when your`re working usually. We are just going to wait until I`m home to pick it up though. Its like being offshore... sat in a TV room but with a King sized bed instead of a crappy sofa!

I too feel your pain.
We bought our crafter in Nov, immediately SORNed it and had it delivered to the converter knowing that he could store it for a couple of months before starting work on it.
Covid and a medical operation intervened and we finally collected in June!
Chuffed to bits with the result though, top work takes time. :laugh:
Its a pain isn`t it! At least it was worth waiting for in the end, enjoy!!

Back