testing mirror adjustment switch

ArtD

Please advise how I can test mirror adjustjment switch if it is to be replaced as:
-left mirror works and adjusts properly
- driver mirror - nothing happens
- I have checked adjustment motor and it works (just swapped motors between mirrors to test) but noticed there is no power comming to the motor on driver side.
- all fuses are ok

any idea what else to check or is it switch?

thank you

Please advise how I can test mirror adjustjment switch if it is to be replaced as:
-left mirror works and adjusts properly
- driver mirror - nothing happens
- I have checked adjustment motor and it works (just swapped motors between mirrors to test) but noticed there is no power comming to the motor on driver side.
- all fuses are ok

any idea what else to check or is it switch?

thank you
Ok, so I tested mirror adjustment engine on drive side and it works (but only when used on left side), I have replaced switch and it still doesn't work. Looks like no power feed to right mirror adjustment engine. Any idea of the cause? thx

I have done further tests on the switch connector and it happens to be that one end gives just over 11.5V and the other end only 4V the rest isn't on when ignition on. So I assume something wrong with connections of cables. I have then tested the plug under driver side and low voltage comes to the plug too at around 3-4V (white/blue cable connection) Any idea where should I look next on it? thx

Reactions: mmi
I have done further tests on the switch connector and it happens to be that one end gives just over 11.5V and the other end only 4V the rest isn't on when ignition on. So I assume something wrong with connections of cables. I have then tested the plug under driver side and low voltage comes to the plug too at around 3-4V (white/blue cable connection) Any idea where should I look next on it? thx
subject closed. I have tested everything and ended up pulling out side of the door cover to go further through loops and discovered something very interesting i.e. the plug for mirror was nicely plugged in - and all voltage perfectly ok for it, but no voltage on the mirror, I have checked again whether any cable damaged etc but no visible damage, however inside the doors I started to look closer and identified another plug but loose - exactly the same as the one from mirror but plugged. So pulled it out and the cables colours matched the mirror one, the one connected was a little odd as cable slighly discoloured - I started to pull it out and discovered it was cut out....surprise the mirror heating and adjustment didn't work. Good I didn't start from the control unit instead.

Subject closed.

20240517_095850.jpg

20240517_095857.jpg

Back