Team Revolution Ricos

Sim222

Hi all, have a lovely 2021 T6.1 on order, going for a Ricos conversion from Revolution Campers. Hoping for delivery Mid May. Just working through the shopping list of stuff we are going to need, boy its a long list!!

Hi all, have a lovely 2021 T6.1 on order, going for a Ricos conversion from Revolution Campers. Hoping for delivery Mid May. Just working through the shopping list of stuff we are going to need, boy its a long list!!
How did you get on with Revolution. I took delivery a few weeks ago from them.

Hello all collecting a Revolution Ricos T6 conversion on the 20th so will be scouting the threads for answers to my questions

Hello all collecting a Revolution Ricos T6 conversion on the 20th so will be scouting the threads for answers to my questions
Hey there, how are you getting on with your RR... especially since they've gone bust? Had loads of issues with mine to begin with but all good now. Awful company to deal wiht, but a great conversion fortunately...

Hey there, how are you getting on with your RR... especially since they've gone bust? Had loads of issues with mine to begin with but all good now. Awful company to deal wiht, but a great conversion fortunately...
Have they gone bust. Sadly not a surprise. Bought mine 2nd hand, but spotted quite a few quality issues which i have since corrected.

Have enjoyed the Van through 2023 and intend to do so in 2024.

What was your biggest gripe out of interest? Mine were electrics, cabinet finish, squeaks and rattles

Hi there, I do love our van... it's a Revolution Ricos we had custom converted. It was delivered to us without being MOT'd. That was a rather big gripe! EML with an Adblue range drop as well!

There were delays, meaning that we could not go collect and have a handover. Warning signs should have been noted - their recommended finance company would not work with them they told us... signs they were in trouble?

The sales process with Andy was excellent; but aftercare was woeful and Jonathan is/was clueless about good customer service - delays, broken promises etc. On receipt, we couldn't drive it - it had to go back for MOT and to fix an EML caused by the Adblue system... it wasn't fixed and in the end I took it to a local garage here and had Adblue software deleted, had a remap, and had a new battery fitted under the hood.

It now runs really well, the electricals are fine though we do have some issues when on hookup with the touch LEDs randomly turning themselves on and off. We've camped out in it a fair bit and after a few runs the diesel heater is also much better than it was to begin with.

I cannot fault the conversion really - it's good quality and the garages I've had it into have said as much. However, a lack of handover and them going bust was challenging. I've heard they were still taking deposits up to the very end and that these will unlikely be recovered. As it is, we were 'lucky' getting the van back probably a fortnight before I heard they went bust.

I think Andy and Jonathan will pop up again in some form - best to avoid. 9 liquidated businesses I think?

Hi there, I do love our van... it's a Revolution Ricos we had custom converted. It was delivered to us without being MOT'd. That was a rather big gripe! EML with an Adblue range drop as well!

There were delays, meaning that we could not go collect and have a handover. Warning signs should have been noted - their recommended finance company would not work with them they told us... signs they were in trouble?

The sales process with Andy was excellent; but aftercare was woeful and Jonathan is/was clueless about good customer service - delays, broken promises etc. On receipt, we couldn't drive it - it had to go back for MOT and to fix an EML caused by the Adblue system... it wasn't fixed and in the end I took it to a local garage here and had Adblue software deleted, had a remap, and had a new battery fitted under the hood.

It now runs really well, the electricals are fine though we do have some issues when on hookup with the touch LEDs randomly turning themselves on and off. We've camped out in it a fair bit and after a few runs the diesel heater is also much better than it was to begin with.

I cannot fault the conversion really - it's good quality and the garages I've had it into have said as much. However, a lack of handover and them going bust was challenging. I've heard they were still taking deposits up to the very end and that these will unlikely be recovered. As it is, we were 'lucky' getting the van back probably a fortnight before I heard they went bust.

I think Andy and Jonathan will pop up again in some form - best to avoid. 9 liquidated businesses I think?
sounds like i missed the pain and grief but still spotted quite a few residual issues:

The standard of wiring was poor which thankfully i could fix. No isolation of battery and inappropriate fusing or cable rating for the load.

AGM leisure battery fitted but with Lead Acid seargent battery charger

Vent holes for the LPG gas but not obvious path out of the Vehicle - safety issue

really annoying squeaks from the pop top which I cured with rubber strips along the bed board edge. Makes me wonder if the pop top frame was reinforced

laminate edging strips not properly seated along the cabinet curves and coming unstuck

completely wrong tyre pressure for the 20inch wheels exceeding the tyre manufactures limits. This might be the showrooms fault

With the above fixed plus a mass of other mods including solar and swapping out the fridge for a chest fridge, I have got it about right

we will have to compare notes if you go to any of the T6 weekend camps (Apr and May)

regards

Dave

Did the rubber strips cure the pop top? Nelliephant squeaks like we have mice! What did you use and where did you get it from please?
Annoying isnt it. I took an old exercise mat cut it lengthwise into two 4cm strips and placed them on the lip of the van on both sides where the bed board meets the roof. On the inside btw

Try it first and if it cures your squeaks then buy a matching coloured mat (my case black) and either velcro or contact adhesive the strips to stop them fallng out.

I have gone from a murmuration of budgies to a swarm of church mice:):)

correction a chatter of budgies....and a horde or mischief of mice......damm the english language

Back