Tailgate Wiring

Hi folks... just finished wiring the new tailgate using a loom bought from TPS... not myself that has done it but the ones that have seem to have it ok except for one big problem (very big problem!)... when I open the normal doors with key fob the tailgate pops open (just off the latch dosent swing open)... however what's even more annoying is when I start the engine the same thing happens!... for example today I stalled at traffic lights and had to restart and the tailgate unlocked and when I drove a few feet it swung open in the middle of a busy road!...

Getting the inside conversion done next thursday and really need this sorted... if anyone has any info or help on this issue would be greatly appreciated... I would be happy to pay someone to sort this also if anyone can?

Who’s blackfish ?

If you don’t get sorted, contact me a week Sunday

Thanks "little black fish" ... the van goes in on thursday to get converted in huddersfield and after a brief chat with them today they said that I will still be able to get access to the wiring loom without needing to damage any of the new interior etc because of the pop top...

My guys looking at it who have are mechanics not auto electrical mechanics can understand the post regarding the wiring and bcm etc posted on here but they're very worried that this may damage the ECU if they mess about with it and get it wrong as all the wires are white in the loom so dont know which is which... theres loads of them doing nothing!... I'm worried this was a mistake now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I can't understand how companies can be scared of a few wires. Just get them to run 2x 1mm cable from BCM area to the tailgate connection and I'll help you make the connections.

I can't understand how companies can be scared of a few wires. Just get them to run 2x 1mm cable from BCM area to the tailgate connection and I'll help you make the connections.
Heya thanks littleblackfish... the van is getting converted just now I should have it back about wednsday i reckon... i had to disconnect the lock altogether... your help would be greatly appreciated!

Back