Tailgate window leaking

hi all
Washed my van this afternoon and noticed water running down the inside of the tailgate window when hosing down. Seems the glass is not fully sealed/ bonded to frame.
Anyone else has a similar issue.
I have called the dealer and it’s booked in for inspection.

Could be the third brake light not sealing several people have had issues with them not being fitted properly and some even falling out !?

Hi there mine has just been in for the same problem.VW Had it for 3 days to water test , replaced rear door seal , problem solved

Wow three days! Was thinking maybe three hours. Interior metal work below (downhill) of the seal seems dry, water only visible on the glass.

Prob with VW is they always look at it first then order parts and wait for them to turn up so often basic jobs will span days

Pauly you were right! The source of the leak is the high level brake light. I was at the dealer for two hours so far but they have order a new light and I have to go back to have it fitted, they say it will only take ten minutes.
While I was at the dealer they said the van had a recall notice about chafing wiring so they did that work also during the two hours, not bad by all accounts :)

Back