T6 Single Seats

WRH1839

Hi - Has anyone got a T6 van with single passenger and drivers seats? Do they sit on their own bases like the combi? Looking to buy a swb van but need to be able to slide longer items between seat to avoid roof rack

Thanks

Yep, two captains seats, his n hers.
Each has its own base and there is tons of room in the middle so much that we get up and walk into the back. Beware of the handbrake lever getting in the way of anything wide.

62F3C05B-2E1B-45EC-9266-542DFACE3E49.jpeg Update. It’s stopped lashing down now so here’s a pic if it helps.

Thanks great help. Had Vitos for 20 years and the new model has a beam across the entire width even for single seats removing the chance of sliding anything between, so looks like a T6 will go on order

Hi. On a similar theme, I’ve got a 2017 Kombi with a captains chair for the driver and then a double bench next to the driver. I want to remove the double passenger seats and replace with a matching captains chair for the front passenger. Is that as straight forward as it sounds, same fixtures, in the right place? And can I fit a swivel to the new seat simply? Thanks in advance.

Hi. On a similar theme, I’ve got a 2017 Kombi with a captains chair for the driver and then a double bench next to the driver. I want to remove the double passenger seats and replace with a matching captains chair for the front passenger. Is that as straight forward as it sounds, same fixtures, in the right place? And can I fit a swivel to the new seat simply? Thanks in advance.
Have you found this out?

I am looking to get a T6, but I am really struggling to find one that has just two seats in the front. Most of them have the passenger bench in the front instead of the single. So I am wondering if it's even possible to later change the bench with a single seat.

I read this forum but I couldn't find any post describing the entire process and what is involved. From my info this process will include (not exhaustive):
  • swapping the bench with a single seat and cutting (maybe?) the extra 2 (or 4) bolts in the floor that won't be used anymore
  • airbag change? - is this even required, when switching from bench to single? I heard the airbag is bigger for the bench, but if it doesn't give any error or something, I'm fine
  • legal stuff - do you need to have it re-inspected and changed from 9 seats to 8 seats?
  • (maybe other?)

Swapping bench to single is easy! Took me about 30 minutes but no integral seat air bag or heating element.

1) the 4 surplus studs unscrew out of the floor - 2 end up on show (holes in the rubber mat). Bungs available on ebay circa £12
2) Double to single - no
3) Mine was 9 seats and dropping to 8 saved £1K on insurance. I just had to send V5 to DVLA amending seat capacity
4) Single seats are expensive. I think I paid £490 for a basic seat and got a pittance for the 600 mile bench seat!

Hope that helps

Ian

I ended up going for a van with twin swivel seats , no bulkhead and rear window as this was what I wanted anyway but to get this a had to basically buy new as very few vans like this available secondhand that haven’t been adapted already. There are a few advantages of buying built like this

Swapping bench to single is easy! Took me about 30 minutes but no integral seat air bag or heating element.

1) the 4 surplus studs unscrew out of the floor - 2 end up on show (holes in the rubber mat). Bungs available on ebay circa £12
2) Double to single - no
3) Mine was 9 seats and dropping to 8 saved £1K on insurance. I just had to send V5 to DVLA amending seat capacity
4) Single seats are expensive. I think I paid £490 for a basic seat and got a pittance for the 600 mile bench seat!

Hope that helps

Ian
Are there any bench seats with airbag in them? I thought the bench doesn't come with an airbag. In case I get one with airbag, this might be a problem since disconnecting that airbag when removing the bench will trigger a fault.

1) Nice that they unscrew and you don't need to cut them (in case a conversion to the original is needed, maybe when selling it).
2) So no airbag change, nice.
3) Great!
4) Yeah, I know they are expensive, and I don't even know where I can find them. I need a left side version, as I live in mainland Europe. But finding a T6 with single seats proves a lot more difficult than I was expecting.

It certainly helps, thanks a lot for the reply. I am pretty tired of trying to find information online, after 1 month of researching :)

2) Double to single - no

Hope that helps

Ian
Ian, I do have one other question.

Does yours have a heater/AC in the back? Do you have the extra buttons that control the rear heating?

If so, is that only heating or does it also have AC (cool air)? I saw most of them only have a heater in the back. In case yours has only the heater and no AC, do you feel the need for the AC? Or the front AC is enough.

Thanks again!

Mine has the axillary heater in the rear and air con in the front. Last week we were out on a v hot day and with the air con on and rear fan on blow (temp set to coldest) it soon got the temp down to a comfortable level for the four of us. The rear fan just helped circulate the air better. I've never really investigated how the rear system gets its heat - if its piped air from the front then it could well be linked to the air con too. If it has a water filled radiator then I doubt its linked to the AC.

I think it is the shuttle (Velle & Cali) that has the proper rear air con with overhead vents.

Re seat you might be better looking for a UK drivers seat - could be cheaper? May need to check the bases are interchangeable. There is also a place in Poland that sells seats on ebay.

Regards
Ian

Mine has the axillary heater in the rear and air con in the front. Last week we were out on a v hot day and with the air con on and rear fan on blow (temp set to coldest) it soon got the temp down to a comfortable level for the four of us. The rear fan just helped circulate the air better. I've never really investigated how the rear system gets its heat - if its piped air from the front then it could well be linked to the air con too. If it has a water filled radiator then I doubt its linked to the AC.

I think it is the shuttle (Velle & Cali) that has the proper rear air con with overhead vents.

Re seat you might be better looking for a UK drivers seat - could be cheaper? May need to check the bases are interchangeable. There is also a place in Poland that sells seats on ebay.

Regards
Ian
Thanks Ian. Good idea with the UK drivers seat, will look into the bases for the two.

Thanks for giving me the example with the hot day. This information is very hard to find online, especially from videos etc.
I think the heater unit for the rear is located in the rear of the van, on one of the walls where the plastic cover with the vent is. For left side driving the unit is located on the right / passenger side. I've seen some pictures on this forum with the plastic taken off.

Best Regards,
Calin

This is mine...its a startline van so very basic. That said it does annoy me that one side has a nice plastic cover and the other exposed metal!

09715B28-7360-475D-8485-60D45CB1A293.jpeg

95B8CCBC-9A8F-4C4B-BC90-2839D2B58972.jpeg

Yes, on the right side, under that big vent. That’s where I’ve seen the heating unit in some other pics. One car on mobile.de even had that panel removed and it was selling like that.

Back