T6 Passenger Double Seat

Vwman1

I have had a T5 and the back of the double passenger seat folded flat by pulling a strap at the back of the seat.
I have re placed it with a T6 and didn't know that it's seat doesn't do this (disaster!) , I have to be able to carry longer lengths and therefore need the seat to fold.
Can anyone please give me instructions on how to go about this ?

If it’s a Pv as standard it comes with a bulkhead which deletes the folding passenger seat, when ordering removing the bulkhead adds the folding seat back
The folding mechanism is in the centre hinge part of the seat and can be swapped over without too much bother, needs a couple of particular bits for the bolts used but it’s a straight swap
A new hinge from VW is not cheap but less than £100 I think, there is also people selling the modified hinges to allow the seat to go back an extra few degrees which may be worth consideration if you carry passengers long distances ?

outdoortechnical

If it’s a Pv as standard it comes with a bulkhead which deletes the folding passenger seat, when ordering removing the bulkhead adds the folding seat back
The folding mechanism is in the centre hinge part of the seat and can be swapped over without too much bother, needs a couple of particular bits for the bolts used but it’s a straight swap
A new hinge from VW is not cheap but less than £100 I think, there is also people selling the modified hinges to allow the seat to go back an extra few degrees which may be worth consideration if you carry passengers long distances ?

outdoortechnical
That's great thanks

Back