T6 Newbie - T32 4Motion SWB Starlight Blue

NOAT

VIP Member
Hi Folks, very happy to be here!!
...After years driving T5/T6 Panel Vans, we decided to make the jump to a kombi.
Got a 17 plate 4Motion 204 DSG and very pleased with it. Bit more poke that I was initially looking for - but it does have the twin sliders, capt's chairs, 2+1 in the back and all the other bits we were after, so I'll have to take the MPG's on the chin..
So far, added side bars and roof bars (both matt black), and rear spoiler just arrived today...
Looking forward to fitting the spoiler, anyone got any tips / vids on the best fitting tutorials? Seem to only be a couple of youtube...
Wondering - do I need to key up (fine grain sand paper) the spoiler underside & van tailgate at the contact points? I'm intending on bonding - not drilling and screwing...
Got some SIKA flex bond - is this ok, or should I go for another brand?
Any other tips / feedback / recommendations gratefully received.
Also looking for recommendations on good sound deadening panels (DIY style), and a pro' for carpet fitting the rear / doors / rear tailgate door....
ps. Wheels and Front Splitter will have to wait until we've got more cash ;) ..

Cheers, Nick

Screenshot 2021-07-19 at 13.10.08.png
Screenshot 2021-07-19 at 13.09.57.png

Screenshot 2021-07-19 at 13.09.50.png

Screenshot 2021-07-19 at 13.10.08.png

Nice! Following as I'm picking up the same spec van today in silver and looking to add similar bits - how far have you got now?

Nice! Following as I'm picking up the same spec van today in silver and looking to add similar bits - how far have you got now?
Hi Rossco... nice - congrats on the new van... I've only added sidebars (matt / satin black), roof bars (matt / satin black), colour coded spoiler. All from Leighton Vans. All easy to fit. Internally - centre console from Just Campers, Carpet Mats from LV. Both recommended.
Only slightly tempted by nicer wheels, and lowering less so at the moment...
It rides nicely for me as it is, on the current factory set-up. (And got more pressing things for disposable income to go on atm ;). )...
With diesel pricing where it is.. I'm light on the pedal.. managing about 32mpg (real-world on computer: mix of town and motorway). It goes like a train, lots of fun.
Got a Carista to tune / adjust a few things - good thread on this forum for Carista options / stuff.
Pics of it recently here... Will try to get a better view of spoiler...
The starlight blue colour is one my fav things about my van.. looks amazing IMO... when it's clean! :laugh:

Good luck with yours..

Screenshot 2022-02-15 at 12.03.44.pngScreenshot 2022-02-15 at 12.03.52.pngScreenshot 2022-02-15 at 12.02.27.png

Hi Rossco... nice - congrats on the new van... I've only added sidebars (matt / satin black), roof bars (matt / satin black), colour coded spoiler. All from Leighton Vans. All easy to fit. Internally - centre console from Just Campers, Carpet Mats from LV. Both recommended.
Only slightly tempted by nicer wheels, and lowering less so at the moment...
It rides nicely for me as it is, on the current factory set-up. (And got more pressing things for disposable income to go on atm ;). )...
With diesel pricing where it is.. I'm light on the pedal.. managing about 32mpg (real-world on computer: mix of town and motorway). It goes like a train, lots of fun.
Got a Carista to tune / adjust a few things - good thread on this forum for Carista options / stuff.
Pics of it recently here... Will try to get a better view of spoiler...
The starlight blue colour is one my fav things about my van.. looks amazing IMO... when it's clean! :laugh:

Good luck with yours..

View attachment 145888View attachment 145889View attachment 145890
Cheers! Yes that colour is

Cheers! Yes that colour is lovely Hard to not get carried away straight away! (Cash flow limits that fortunately/ unfortunately)! Thanks, I’ll check out Leighton & Just Campers

Picked them up second hand with tyres for £400 having a refurb next Friday

Do you know what brand they are?

I nearly picked up a set off FB marketplace a few weeks back but when he sent me some photos it showed the offset was all wrong

Back