T6 legal LED replacements

Vogon42

2016 T6 Highline.
I know I can’t legally replace the headlights with LEDs but what others can I replace legally and which brands don’t throw up errors/warning lights please?

SIde lights, DRL's, and fogs on the front and any at the back. I've got Philips 11961ULWX2 LED T10 car signaling Bulb (W5W) 6.000K White in the side lights and Twenty20 in the DRL's. Passed the last 2 MOT's at 2 different testers and no errors.

2016 T6 Highline.
I know I can’t legally replace the headlights with LEDs but what others can I replace legally and which brands don’t throw up errors/warning lights please?
I’ve just started my search for T6 H4 upgrade - my question: what’s with the “legally” thing? Thank you

I’ve just started my search for T6 H4 upgrade - my question: what’s with the “legally” thing? Thank you
LED bulbs in regular headlights will dazzle oncoming drivers. Therefore you need LED compatible headlamp fittings.

LED bulbs in regular headlights will dazzle oncoming drivers. Therefore you need LED compatible headlamp fittings.
Do you have any idea who what how they are illegal … just starting my research and it seems a blooming minefield of options, advice and opinion … all I want is a simple (legal?), solid fix to poor illumination (I’m happy to pay what it takes, not looking for cheap)
T6 2018 with H4

You can put H7 headlamp units in, fairly cheap, and these will let you put in H7 bulbs. Better than H4 which are so bad you literally can’t give them away. There are different brands of H7s which claim to be up to 200% brighter than your average bear.

Better still is to fit LED headlamp units, much more expensive, but very bright.

Back