T6 Kombi Van Ex-demo

Tania Neale

Hi, new to forum. Can anyone tell me if you can get a successful campervan conversion done on a T6 Kombi van as it comes with 2 sliding doors. Quite happy just to have one door opening on completion. Any ideas please.

I prefer a combi for my set up as it allows me easy access to my water and gas tanks just by pressing the key fob to open the door:thumbsup:

Thanks. We want to do a top spec conversion as we plan to spend a few weeks in Europe exploring the Alps, have you any recommendations for good conversion companies? we're aware of new wave custom conversions and three bridges. Cheers

Hi, new to forum. Can anyone tell me if you can get a successful campervan conversion done on a T6 Kombi van as it comes with 2 sliding doors. Quite happy just to have one door opening on completion. Any ideas please.
Hi and welcome to the forum, conversions can be done on twin opening and there are pro's and cons. (Greater ventilation with a twin door.)
I believe that the interior profile is slightly different as the pillars are thicker to allow for extra strength in having two big holes in each side.
Kombi's come in single opening also which is more commonly used in conversions.

Have a look at layouts your after and see if a twin door will work for you or if a single would be better.

Good luck...

Hi and welcome to the forum, conversions can be done on twin opening and there are pro's and cons. (Greater ventilation with a twin door.)
I believe that the interior profile is slightly different as the pillars are thicker to allow for extra strength in having two big holes in each side.
Kombi's come in single opening also which is more commonly used in conversions.

Have a look at layouts your after and see if a twin door will work for you or if a single would be better.

Good luck...

Thanks, will do. Have you any recommendations for quality conversion companies?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. We want to do a top spec conversion as we plan to spend a few weeks in Europe exploring the Alps, have you any recommendations for good conversion companies? we're aware of new wave custom conversions and three bridges. Cheers

I can't sorry,I did all mine myself.

We have a two door Kombi and had it converted by CMC at Hythe into a multistyle van with modifications ie we didn’t have the built in toilet but a porta potty. Love having two doors to open as it gives us better flexibility for access, views, breeze etc. It does only have two single beds downstairs but you can have a double in the roof. We are really pleased with CMC Reimo and would recommend them (not cheap but quality stuff used throughout).

Thanks, will do. Have you any recommendations for quality conversion companies?

I did all mine myself from a Kombi, however I would advise going to Busfest in Malvern in Sept, all the VW converters will be there and you can climb all over their vans and talk to the guys who actually do the conversions.

When we went we were impressed with Vanworx and Vanscape but I have no experience of used them. They were just really genuine guys with a passion for detail and their vans were top class.

Nothing is going to be cheap....

Back