T6 Highline Sportline Seats

916neil

I have just bought a T6 highline kombi. It had these seats fitted and the guy I bought it off said they were fitted when he got the van as ex demonstrator from vw van centre near Cardiff. Phoned them and they said they did not fit them so must have been factory fit upgrade. But I have the 3 page list of the spec when ordered and it states standard highline cloth trim. I plan on fitting a passenger captains seat and would want to match up to drivers and rear seats. Anybody got any idea who made the seat covers or if they were factory upgrade in 2015.

08E651E6-C8FF-4511-B834-FB82EC8D97F7.jpeg

There wasn’t a T6 sportline available in 2015. It wasn’t released until August 2016. All the sportlines I’ve seen have black and red seats with diamond stitching. Does it say sportline on your V5?

It's not a sportline - its a highline. I'm content that is the case. I am just trying to find out if the seats/seat covers were a "Sportline" type factory accessory - or where else they may have come from.

As @Deaky says, the sportline T6 was not available in 15, so there are two issues;
1. I don’t believe these to be T6 Sportline items, as I have only ever seen these offered in the colour of red and black.
2. Because the T6 sportline was not in production for another year after yours came out of the factory, they would not have the seats from such to “upgrade” in the factory.
There is however a possibility that these came from a T5.1 sportline??
All is not lost as you could get somewhere like Vision Upholstery to retrim your new seat to match.

Looks like someone has retrimmed them, if they were on an ex demo the dealership prob did it and cant remember/cant be bothered to help
Im sure someone will recognise them, if it came from Welsh dealer then good chance it would have been a local retrimmer ?

Is there no tag on the vertical seam of the seat saying any kind of name or info, most of the companies that do this like to brand their work

Back