T6 for sale... T6 as featured in VWT Magazine

Jayc

T6 Pro
Hi all, The bus is going up for sale and I will be doing a complete ad shortly.
In the meantime if there is any interest, please contact me. I will be advertising this at £54550.
Thanks all:)

20190808_133152.jpg

I realise this may be an awkward time to sell, What do we think of the price?

I was tempted Jayc - I even blew £4 downloading issue no.88 of VWT to have a read as I thought it would save me asking you loads of questions. It's a fab looking bus with a great back story and some really unique mods.

I think the price you're asking is reasonable given its spec. Considering I've already spent 75% of your asking price buying a new 204 DSG Highline T30 and I'll be blowing another £45k on a top end conversion (whenever lock down finishes), I began to wonder if I was doing the right thing when I saw your post, hence the questions. (I did however wonder what I'd then do with a T30 lwb that I'd paid £35k for including the VAT if I bought yours!) If mine looks as good as yours when it's done I'll be very pleased, and I'm going to be using yours as a model for my conversion. Not sure I'll be getting the Porsche bling though, but only because of find it more difficult to source!

..................I'll be blowing another £45k on a top end conversion..........................
Unless you're [literally] gold plating stuff or paying well over the top for it, is it even possible to spend £45K on just the conversion work (top end or otherwise)?

Unless you're [literally] gold plating stuff or paying well over the top for it, is it even possible to spend £45K on just the conversion work (top end or otherwise)?
Well that's one of the reasons I joined the Forum, to find out what can be done, how best to do it, and what things cost. I don't doubt that I could get my van converted for less, and a whole lot less if I did a lot of the work myself. However, I want it finished before I'm too old to enjoy it, so paying someone else to do it is a must!

There's a wealth of great information on here including recommendations for firms that have done great work for members. There are also horror stories about how people have had bad experiences and encountered a whole heap of trouble because doing the conversion bit by bit leaves one (unscrupulous) firm wiggle room to point the finger of blame at an installer of a different part of the conversion. With this in mind I have decided to get the whole package done by one firm, leaving the liability squarely with them. My investigations so far indicate that my chosen firm have an excellent after sales service (it was the first thing I quizzed them over when we met at the NEC this year), and other customers I have spoken to since have backed this up.

As far as my inordinately expensive conversion is concerned, I'm happy to summarise the specification here so that people can tell me I'm being tucked up like a kipper. This is bound to happen I know, but please temper your response by acknowledging that I am prepared to pay a premium for:
a) having one firm do everything and the warranty this gives
b) that the cabinetry is unique to them and it's the thing that really sold the company to us.

The van is a new T30 LWB T6 panel van, tailgate model with heated rear screen already installed. Factory LED lights front and rear.

Spec:
Full vehicle 3 stage sound/thermal insulation including SilentCoat
Upgraded seals, trims and rubbers
Carpet lining to all wall panels
12mm marine ply flooring with Altro covering
Install tinted side windows together with framed screen system and sliding panels to both sides
Reimo Easy-Fit roof - LWB - Open Sky
2x 100A Lithium leisure batteries, Votronic 60/40 triple charge, Votronic 2kW mains inverter
LED lighting throughout - ceiling, floor, reading lights - dimmable
Multiple USB/12v/230v power outlets plus TV aerial/amplifier
230v mains hook up
250W solar panel - roof mounted
Waeco CRX50 fridge
S7 Tracker inc 12 month subscription
Webasto Evo heater plus hot water system including shower outlet at rear
Induction hob
Dual under chassis water tanks with water level probe
Three Bridge Tourer Curve cabinets including sink & tap
Side loading door table system
Reimo 3000 LWB bonded rail sliding bed system
Custom leather upholstery - captain's seats & Reimo bed
Integrated blinds to all windows, plus thermal screens
Fire extinguisher
Thule LWB 4900 roll out awning and mulitrail
20" 1Form aftermarket wheel and tyre package
Sportline lowering springs
Maxton front splitter
Tailgate spolier
Respray roof/splitter/spoiler to match bodywork

So that's about £45k give or take - I'm probably going to add a few extras in before I'm finished.

After discussion with Steve at CRS, I'm not going to go down the Sportline springs route - he's convinced me that the Koni route is better so I'm going to let him weave his magic. I might do the same with the wheels depending upon what he recommends. I was originally thinking I'd move the OEM Devonport wheels/tyres on, but as it seems you only get what the tyres would cost to replace, I think I'll keep them as my winter wheels.

Right. I'll go and fetch my tin hat and await the incoming!! If you seasoned converters can see anything on this list that you think will cause me trouble in the long run, or any glaring omissions, please shout!

Sounds an awesome conversion..any pics?
Hi Jayc.

So far, because of lockdown, all I've got is a nice shiny T6 in a compound in Surrey, and I'm sure you don't need to see phozzies of a bog standard T30 panel van!;) However, I've attached a few of their portfolio shots which is what sold their conversion to us. My wife and I both felt the same after we had seen their conversions at the NEC, feeling that now we'd seen them, we'd always regret it if we bought something less! I know it's a lot of money - I baulked at the £32k that my mate was asking for his '11 plate Cali, but test driving that is what convinced me that we should get a camper. I've decided that life's too short not to get out there and enjoy it, and that's been reinforced in the past three weeks by the tragic loss of my brother to Covid. My motto has always been 'Live each day as if it's your last, because one day you'll be right'!90705072_2625285940910947_5663268766117527552_o.jpg

86185907_2544718015634407_8936992533909602304_o.jpg

No need for a tin hat so far as I'm concerned. You should certainly have a very, very nice camper when it's all finished and although I still don't see where the £45K is going, I don't need to as you and yours are the only ones that need to be happy at the end of the day. I just hope that our current crisis ends soon so that you can get started on the exciting journey. If I see you at a camp site somewhere, I'll buy you a glass of something in return for a guided tour.

No need for a tin hat so far as I'm concerned. You should certainly have a very, very nice camper when it's all finished and although I still don't see where the £45K is going, I don't need to as you and yours are the only ones that need to be happy at the end of the day. I just hope that our current crisis ends soon so that you can get started on the exciting journey. If I see you at a camp site somewhere, I'll buy you a glass of something in return for a guided tour.
I'll take you up on that Ayjay, and look forward to it. As you say, let's hope we all get a chance to get out some time soon!:thumbsup:

So Im trying to sell my T6 camper/day van but having very little interest..Iam willing to do the full conversion if it helps the sale but I just dont want to build something which may not be to a potential buyers taste..Any thoughts?

20200510_181524.jpg

Back