T6.1 What is wrong with my parking sensors?

Samro

VIP Member
T6 Legend
I have been fiddling around with Carista and found I have persistent fault code that will not disappear.
1641221795600.png
The code is 01543 and a quick Google provides information that the fault relates to the parking control module.
I have all of the "Assist" options on a new 6.1 van and everything seems to be working marvellously with no issues, I'm happy to ignore the reported fault code, but am interested as to why the code won't go away?

I have been fiddling around with Carista and found I have persistent fault code that will not disappear.

The code is 01543 and a quick Google provides information that the fault relates to the parking control module.
I have all of the "Assist" options on a new 6.1 van and everything seems to be working marvellously with no issues, I'm happy to ignore the reported fault code, but am interested as to why the code won't go away?
But the fault is in the Infotainment system?
1641231981946.png
Most likely the actual fault code is 1543 - for some reason Carista seems to pad short fault codes with leading zeros which is quite confusing, and even misleading.
1543 - Control Module Incorrectly Coded - U1014 00 [008] - -​
Perhaps you could try to revert to factory settings one by one and monitor when the fault can be cleared.

explained 3 posts further down - post #12

I wonder if this is linked to me removing AM frequency option. I'll have another fiddle at some point soon.

Reactions: mmi
I'm possibly too late to the party here, but Carista gave me the same 01543 code too... after I had changed the start up screen 'welcome' picture. Carista beta gives you about 15 choices of start up screen, gti, r series, gtd etc. If you change to anything other than the standard VW start up display screen you get the 01543 code which you can't reset on Carista. Take it back to the first option, 01543 disappears when you do a diagnose. Bugged me for weeks that did!

I'm possibly too late to the party here, but Carista gave me the same 01543 code too... after I had changed the start up screen 'welcome' picture. Carista beta gives you about 15 choices of start up screen, gti, r series, gtd etc. If you change to anything other than the standard VW start up display screen you get the 01543 code which you can't reset on Carista. Take it back to the first option, 01543 disappears when you do a diagnose. Bugged me for weeks that did!
Not too late to the party at all. I had never figured this out! Thank you.

Back