T6.1 Startline (2020) Heater temperature stuck

GingerJay

Willing to have a go at taking it apart .....
VIP Member
I have a T6.1 Startline (2020) model that is delivering a set warm temperature no matter where I turn the temperature dial to.

Having removed as many panels as I could from the Drivers side I have taken the below picture.
I have followed a previous thread to investigate the control arm under the dashboard on the Drivers side. (New 3D Printed spare part by Tony)
Moving this arm does change the temperature output from the vents and I can achieve both cold and hot settings.

Any help appreciated on what I am looking for to assist in diagnosing the issue would be greatly appreciated.

PXL_20231128_114105209.jpg

This is the part you require . VW well aware of the issue. Mine was done under warranty. Can be done without removing the whole dash. The 6.1 part differs from earlier Transporters. As a temporary measure ( once you have exposed the heater) you can manually move the flap to a cooler position by pushing it with a screwdriver.

IMG_1359.png

IMG_0888.png

Thanks Robert - I have unscrewed and rotated what I assume to be the servo........ I can clearly see my broken part compared to your picture above.

VERY fiddly under there, but hoping that new part will slide on and the servo is easy to swing round to the right position ????

PXL_20231128_151212599.jpg

£31.38 for that part at my local (Peterborough) VW Dealership....... collected as it was in stock (2 others in stock but reserved for other customers this week)
Just need to work out how to remove and refit !!

Reactions: CAB
Two bits of plastic that they know is a design fault but still see fit to charge for their poor design Typical of all car manufacturers. They told me it was a 3 day job as dash had come out! In the end it was done the same day no dash out
Latest issue I have is both heated mirrors have failed and the cooling fan is on all the time !

Reactions: CAB
Back