Swivel seats

S18RVW

T6 Pro
Any comments on buying swivel seat bases? which brand is good.
I'm not wanting rattles and wobbles.

We much prefer our MS Craft swivel, compared to the Kiravans swivel that was fitted when we bought the van.

IMG_1612.jpeg

The Kiravans swivel was well made but you had to swivel the seat in position, which was tricky. The MS Craft swivel slides the seat backwards, which makes it easier to swivel. You can also sit on it at an angle when it is slid back, as above. I am glad I switched it.

If it’s singles you are interested in, I now have an Exploria one. It is absolutely rock solid no wobbles or squeaks compared to one that was in the van when we got it.

Downsides with the Exploria singles, it’s bloomin heavy, need to trim the seats plastic sides to swivel in lower position (or else swivel with seat up) & not cheap. As my van is a daily driver I could not live with ‘any’ seat movement.

^ sounds promising, will look into those.

I removed the rusty lee and sold that after getting tired of the wobble and rattle. The new kira vans one also sounds like it still suffers with issues, as does the RIB.

Until there’s something that works as intended I’ll do without for now, which is a shame as it really does make a massive difference having the ability to swivel the seat in such a small space.

We much prefer our MS Craft swivel, compared to the Kiravans swivel that was fitted when we bought the van.

View attachment 217650

The Kiravans swivel was well made but you had to swivel the seat in position, which was tricky. The MS Craft swivel slides the seat backwards, which makes it easier to swivel. You can also sit on it at an angle when it is slid back, as above. I am glad I switched it.
I am considering the ms one for my double bench

The only issue we found with them was last night the seat kept sliding into the van, because the van wasn’t perfectly level. I was too lazy to get the levelling ramps out!

Back