Swivel bench refitted incorrectly

GoatBoater

Senior Nerd
T6 Guru
A lashing strap got caught in the bench seat swivel plate a while back. Had a local garage resort it whilst we were away so that we could turn the seat around and get home from our trip.

The problem is that the seat no longer swivels. It turns a bit, but doesn't do that "slide" part of the movement so cannot be turned around.

I don't know who to take it to that can sort this. I'm wondering about tackling it myself but am only currently getting one day a week off work and have visions of left with no front seats.

Two different questions then:

1. Anyone know anyone I. The Portsmouth area who can do general van jobs. OR..

2. If I get the seat out is it likely to be obvious how this needs to be changed to resolve?

might just be the center nut is over tightened stopping it sliding but with out a pic or make not much to go on

the craft swivel has a nylon pad it slides / spins on

Pictures would help. I may be passing later in the week and could help

Ah crap. I didn't have reply notifications turned on. Didn't think anyone had answered and only just thought to check.

I'll get in and take some pictures tomorrow.

More details and some pictures. Excuse the filth... Lots of muddy boots this week

The 4 bolts undo easily. When free the seat moves a bit, but not as expected. This is about as far as I get (the hand bolts are not blocking the movement - something else is)
From memory the first movement should be to slide the seat forward and towards the steering wheel. This doesn't work at all. There is no forward movement.
PXL_20210619_133817802.NIGHT.jpg

I can pull the sea backwards though - which I am also not sure is right. Here is the view from the front. (photo taken from passenger door looking in)
PXL_20210619_133724153.jpg

I feel like something is in backwards. I might just be being a dingbat though - I never used the swivel much before we had this issue. Inside the seat it looks like the photo below. I've wiggled it around a bit to show where the slot is. Again, taken from the passenger door.

PXL_20210619_133743963.NIGHT.jpg

Would really appreciate any help with this. Looking at those photos, I might go and vacuum the van now.

You are right that the seat should be slid forwards once released, then you turn it.
Does it turn at all ?

Pete

Cheers Pete. it turns a bit, but doesn't slide forward at all. let me see if I can do a video to explain better.

I think you going to have to remove the seat from it, to work out what is wrong.
From memory it’s just 4 bolts, and if it all goes wrong then you can remove the swivel completely and just bolt the seat into it’s fixed position.
The installation instructions are on the Kiravans website, but it really is just 4 bolts.

Pete

Thanks Pete. I thought that was going to be the case. I was just avoiding it. I'm going to give it a shot. Worst case I have an excuse not the have the wife and kids in the van for a while if I can't get it back together!

Thanks Pete. I thought that was going to be the case. I was just avoiding it. I'm going to give it a shot. Worst case I have an excuse not the have the wife and kids in the van for a while if I can't get it back together!
Yeah, I'd remove the seat. It's eight nuts, 4 forward and 4 rear. Then lift clear and land in the back of the van. Most likely you will remove the swivel afterwards to work it out, but don't be scared! Just a socket set required

Back