Surveyors Help Needed

t6 soon

T6 Guru
as per title help/guidance/ knowledge wanted regarding a surveyors duties when dealing with a party wall award if any members can assist would be grateful feel free to pm me tia

as per title help/guidance/ knowledge wanted regarding a surveyors duties when dealing with a party wall award if any members can assist would be grateful feel free to pm me tia
I know a Chartered Building Surveyor in Bath who is an expert on party wall issues, if any good.

hi vinci that would be great I need to know what a surveyor is required to do when they are omitted from carrying out their role during a pwa due to not being told work had commenced or ended, one of many conditions in award being that both surveyors where required to adhere to was " that money could only be expended with both surveyors authorisation" for works provided obviously impossible this information was withheld from 2013 when work ended until 2018 by both surveyors and still is by my local council the result of said work as left house probably beyond repair and demolition being the end result I would be grateful for any help or advice Bristol aint that far

hi vinci that would be great I need to know what a surveyor is required to do when they are omitted from carrying out their role during a pwa due to not being told work had commenced or ended, one of many conditions in award being that both surveyors where required to adhere to was " that money could only be expended with both surveyors authorisation" for works provided obviously impossible this information was withheld from 2013 when work ended until 2018 by both surveyors and still is by my local council the result of said work as left house probably beyond repair and demolition being the end result I would be grateful for any help or advice Bristol aint that far
Try Jon Miles on 01225 330377, I think, but RICS might be good start as “font of regulation “......they wrote or co-wrote the rules!

Try Jon Miles on 01225 330377, I think, but RICS might be good start as “font of regulation “......they wrote or co-wrote the rules!
thanks vinci I will ring him Monday I will post a couple of photos of work its that bad I would not believe myself if I had not seen it thanks again

hi vinci spoke with john today nice chap and helpful chewed his ear off poor man enlightened me a bit just confirmed I am In a sh'@@t position thanks again

I’ve known Jon since starting senior school in 1971, and coincidentally we both went to Leicester Poly (different courses, same faculty), and ended up both working in Bath. Anything really technical or party wall related I refer to him.
Glad he was of help, sorry if it confirms you’re in a poor position.

thanks I already suspected it wasn't good but will get there in the end and treat myself to a new van :thumbsup:

Back