Suede lining - real world experience?

WHSE

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all,

Cannot decide whether to line the van in traditional carpet everywhere, or use suede liner on the panels to break things up.

For those that have had suede in your van for a while, do you have any views on how well it works? Does it take abuse and clean up ok?

Can't make my mind up!

Thanks

I've got suede on my side door panel (now a Kiravan door store) and also the underside of the pop top bed base. Everything else is carper lined.

The van was converted in 2016 and it has stood up well - although the it only has 39,000 on the clock.

The door panel has a couple of small tears where I did a tip run and some timber slid around.

On the whole the carpet is much tougher, but if you looked after the suede it will do a good job.

In my opinion the suede finish looks much more high end.

I've got suede on my side door panel (now a Kiravan door store) and also the underside of the pop top bed base. Everything else is carper lined.

The van was converted in 2016 and it has stood up well - although the it only has 39,000 on the clock.

The door panel has a couple of small tears where I did a tip run and some timber slid around.

On the whole the carpet is much tougher, but if you looked after the suede it will do a good job.

In my opinion the suede finish looks much more high end.
Thanks :) I don't suppose you have any recent pictures do you? It's easy to find pictures of new or freshly lined vans, but not so easy to see what the suede lining looks like a few years on.

Back