Still looking for a base van

VinylArchie

T6 Pro
First time I have seen one of these come up and it’s a bit older than what I have been looking for but it is a 150ps with a tailgate Which I’m struggling to find in my budget. Could anybody offer an opinion on the van? How difficult would changing the windows for privacy glass be for the DIYer?

Hi @VinylArchie

Have a look on u tube you will see if you can fit the glass and you wont have to cut the holes 1st cut the old glass out with wire Transporter HQ would give you a fair guide price of glass and fitting if needed

Spend only what you can afford you ll need monies for improvements and Mods even if you brought a brand new Van

Look for Service history and for the Timing belt and water pump replacement ( Every 4 years ) so it might be due. mine is a 16 and only 18,500 miles @ £500

VW van centre £700 at a VW dealer hope that helps Nick

The other bit I’m unsure about is how to carpet the van if it’s got factory fitted windows and trim. Otherwise the van looks like a bargain

you can do the carpet yourself with a friend or the mrs and save a fortune its easy if you do remove the glass , easy if you dont there's loads of info in here on insulating and carpeting and again on u tube best one combe valley campers vid.... its a very rewarding job once its done just pre plan what wiring you need before you start it and what power you will use if you fit ceiling lights ect. you might only need a decent portable power pack to only run lights would easily last well over a week a cool box or fridge uses a lot more power and added costs having the windows tinted as Skyliner33 suggested would save a lot to

you can do the carpet yourself with a friend or the mrs and save a fortune its easy if you do remove the glass , easy if you dont there's loads of info in here on insulating and carpeting and again on u tube best one combe valley campers vid.... its a very rewarding job once its done just pre plan what wiring you need before you start it and what power you will use if you fit ceiling lights ect. you might only need a decent portable power pack to only run lights would easily last well over a week a cool box or fridge uses a lot more power and added costs having the windows tinted as Skyliner33 suggested would save a lot to
Have watched the videos on carpeting and I definitely fancy giving it a go, the only bit that worries me is how to trim around the windows. The only time I have seen this covered it’s been done on panel vans before glueing the windows up. Presumably kombis and this van in the link have some factory trim that you presumably have to remove.

Are you planning a full camper conversion? A shuttle has a lot of trim and think this one has the rear AC to remove??

There's a couple of threads on here so it can be done, apologies if you are already fully aware!

I’m getting one too, cos the kombi’s are stupid money. Just get the rear tinted. Should be about £200 and it’ll not have creases in.

Shuttles don’t have fogs, but have H7 lights. Way better than std kombi H4.

You could strip everything out of the rear and it will be the same underneath as a kombi except for rear windows. Only issue I see is matching new rear headlining to cab headlining. Can’t be impossible though.

With back side windows limo tinted (blacked out) you could board the inside. It’s in my thoughts, but not decided yet as I haven’t got the van yet.

They are a basic spec, but I’m not paying stupid money for a few toys.

Are you planning a full camper conversion? A shuttle has a lot of trim and think this one has the rear AC to remove??

There's a couple of threads on here so it can be done, apologies if you are already fully aware!
I will have a look for specific threads on shuttles. I would much rather start off with a panel van if I could find one I could afford! Trying to find a 150 with a tailgate is near impossible, my budget is too tight. More Kombis come up but most of them are carpeted to the rear so I have to deal with fitting windows and fixtures over carpet and that sounds complex.

Reactions: CAB
I will have a look for specific threads on shuttles. I would much rather start off with a panel van if I could find one I could afford! Trying to find a 150 with a tailgate is near impossible, my budget is too tight. More Kombis come up but most of them are carpeted to the rear so I have to deal with fitting windows and fixtures over carpet and that sounds complex.
I'm no expert, but from what I have seen on here a Kombi would be easier :thumbsup:

don’t suppose you guys would tell me what you think of this as a donor van? I have been dead set on grey but chestnut can look lovely

hi @VinylArchie lets put this up on front page the guys might throw some light on

**The engine failed at 45k and was replaced by VW under warranty. The means the new block has only done 23000 Miles.*** , The failure was down to a bad batch engines not misuse. ,

Back