Standard Radio On Leisure Battery

Hi, I have a silver LWB converted van and have had rear speakers fitted. Unfortunately the radio is still on the starter battery. Has anyone connected it to the leisure battery ? I appreciate the the electronics will switch it all off after 25 min. (can switch it on again) but do not want the starter battery to be run down.
Can anyone advise? Many thanks.

You won’t flatten the starter battery using the radio. It will stop working when the voltage starts to drop and leave a message on the radio staying shutting down due to low voltage.

@BiTurbo thank you for the info, but am a little confused because on this forum there are owners who have flattened their batteries and needed jump start leads to get going.
If you are using the radio all evening, does it just cut out ?
Thanks

Ow wondering which head unit we are taking about.
My discover unit tells you when the power is low and shuts off.

Mine done that before when camping (think it was busfest last year) hadn’t started van for a couple days and radio wouldn’t turn on as battery voltage was a little low but still started fine

Hi, ok on your comments. I did not dare to run the radio till it gives a warning and have not had it shut down.
I have a Highline T28 with a Composition Colour (PQ) standard radio fitted.
Just don't want to run it all evening by pressing it on many times and find it won't start in the morning.

Back