Spotify, abcdeFU and an 8 year old!

Samro

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Now that I have Apple CarPlay on my shiny new van, I've been listening to Spotify as opposed to Apple Music which I used to listen to in my last vehicle.

Due to being a bit tight, I only had the minimal Spotify subscription and to be honest rarely used it myself until now. My new found regular use of Spotify has highlighted something.... "abcdeFU" is not alone with its content...... F**k is used in pretty much every tune on every pretty much every playlist...... The problem is that these are playlists that my kids have created using on my Spotify account at home!

Now I'm no prude and frankly couldn't really care too much about explicit content, apart from the fact that my kids are 14, 12 and 8 and the 8 year old wants to listen to the same tunes as the older ones. All our kids have access to Alexa's dotted around the house.

So, I have disabled explicit content and this applies to all devices.......... My wife is already grumbling that hardly any "popular content" exists now and the 14 year old loudly grunted something just before she slammed her bedroom door which I am sure is connected to the Spotify content issue, which I have created.

Anyone know how to assign content management in Spotify without me setting up multiple Spotify accounts which would come at a big cost with awkward functionality with Alexa's, etc.

Seem to remember that Spotify do a family subscription so it might not be as dear as you fear.

Now that I have Apple CarPlay on my shiny new van, I've been listening to Spotify as opposed to Apple Music which I used to listen to in my last vehicle.

Due to being a bit tight, I only had the minimal Spotify subscription and to be honest rarely used it myself until now. My new found regular use of Spotify has highlighted something.... "abcdeFU" is not alone with its content...... F**k is used in pretty much every tune on every pretty much every playlist...... The problem is that these are playlists that my kids have created using on my Spotify account at home!

Now I'm no prude and frankly couldn't really care too much about explicit content, apart from the fact that my kids are 14, 12 and 8 and the 8 year old wants to listen to the same tunes as the older ones. All our kids have access to Alexa's dotted around the house.

So, I have disabled explicit content and this applies to all devices.......... My wife is already grumbling that hardly any "popular content" exists now and the 14 year old loudly grunted something just before she slammed her bedroom door which I am sure is connected to the Spotify content issue, which I have created.

Anyone know how to assign content management in Spotify without me setting up multiple Spotify accounts which would come at a big cost with awkward functionality with Alexa's, etc.
My daughter used to slam her bedroom door, drove me nuts, I suppose that's why she did it.
I still recall her tears when she came home from school and the door had gone, replaced with a duvet cover held up with drawing pins.

My daughter used to slam her bedroom door, drove me nuts, I suppose that's why she did it.
I still recall her tears when she came home from school and the door had gone, replaced with a duvet cover held up with drawing pins.
I did get as far as unscrewing the first hinge to her door a while back and swmbo disagreed with my actions so strongly I was not allowed to continue!
In all fairness to swmbo, it did rev everyone up a bit and in hindsight wasn't done in the most controlled circumstances! :fast rofl:

Back