Sportline Splitter on Startline Bumper?

M444TCC

As above, Is it possible to fit a Sportline Splitter on Startline Bumper?

I realise there will be a fair amount of body work.

I have a good friend who has a top notch body shop. I'm hoping it's possible without buying a new highline bumper.

Below is what I have, and what I would like to achieve!

IMG_0981.jpg

IMG_0983.PNG

As above, Is it possible to fit a Sportline Splitter on Startline Bumper?

I realise there will be a fair amount of body work.

I have a good friend who has a top notch body shop. I'm hoping it's possible without buying a new highline bumper.

Below is what I have, and what I would like to achieve!

View attachment 9011

View attachment 9012
The problem @M444TCC is that you have a Start line combination one-piece grille and bumper and you will need to change the whole thing as far as I'm aware. Others may know different but afairc that's the situation from a previous thread.

I don't have fogs, Although I wasn't really going to fit them. The OEM splitter has blanking plates.

would be very interested to see the result!

would love to do this but just cant get parts here unless new..and the swiss markup is huge..

I've been speak to a few people, from what I can gather it's perfectly possible.

But it's looking to be less cost effective, than buying an already painted bumper.

really? where would you buy them from? we may well take a holiday in the uk to do all these modifs!

There is a few on eBay at the moment, but they would still require bodywork & extras.

I'm going to make a decision next week.

we have a startline bumper, with no foglights, but i'd be keen on changing the front to a colour coded one and also the rear..

does anyone know what parts would fit? as above I've seen a few on ebay etc but dont know which would suit?

we have a kombi lwb 2015 eu6 in metallic silver. i have a paintshop nearby who could help me out but if its not too tricky i'd fit them myself..

indeed, however the work involved will knock the price sky high... here is not like the uk!

it would be cheaper to get a painted one off of ebay and then get it repainted here than them preparing the textured one for painting... i'll see if i can get any further with models that match. My wife couldnt give two hoots about the colour but i'd be quite keen...!

There cant be much difference in the 2 bumpers as the metal work that it all fits to is the same. A smooth bumper and grilles can be had new for just over £500 from the likes of TPS, these are genuine parts. With a few coats of high build primer and lots of rubbing down the textured bumper can be made to look the same, you just need a friendly paint shop. Fitting a bumper is not hard, just lots of Torx screws.
Baz

There cant be much difference in the 2 bumpers as the metal work that it all fits to is the same. A smooth bumper and grilles can be had new for just over £500 from the likes of TPS, these are genuine parts. With a few coats of high build primer and lots of rubbing down the textured bumper can be made to look the same, you just need a friendly paint shop. Fitting a bumper is not hard, just lots of Torx screws.
Baz
Be careful doing it this way, the thicker the primer the more likely it is to crack or flake.. Your better off sanding off the bumpy surface.. Tis is because you can't really degrease or prep the bottom of the dimple properly, thus giving a poor keying or adhesion area for the paint (even 2k....

I have my own ways that I keep to myself of painting this type, or most other types of plastic bumpers, that are guaranteed not to peel and flake.. And I do not use plastic primer either..

Be careful doing it this way, the thicker the primer the more likely it is to crack or flake.. Your better off sanding off the bumpy surface.. Tis is because you can't really degrease or prep the bottom of the dimple properly, thus giving a poor keying or adhesion area for the paint (even 2k....

I have my own ways that I keep to myself of painting this type, or most other types of plastic bumpers, that are guaranteed not to peel and flake.. And I do not use plastic primer either..

Is anyone near the Portsmouth area that has experience or knows someone that has successfully painted start line bumpers ? Please

48FB1530-016C-4278-92EE-447399CE191F.jpeg

4399DAD4-B4CA-458A-B7A0-A32A28612066.jpeg

B0F6E460-37A0-41F3-86DD-950C5FA85480.jpeg

Back