Key Fob Re-programming

Normski67

Hi everyone.. first post, so be gentle.. been looking on here for a while as I was in the process of purchasing my VW and have to say the advice and chat is 1st class.

With that in mind I have now got my vehicle, a Caravelle T6 2016 Executive, and am trying to find out some info regarding the re-programming of the key fobs.

My van has the electric tailgate and electric mirrors but these will not close/fold when I use the key fob to lock it. The tailgate will open from the fob, but not close, which seems a bit weird to me and you can only fold mirrors using the switch inside the cab. I have just spoken to a local garage about getting the fob re-programmed and they told me it depends what door ‘module’ you have, but how do I find out this info..?. If anyone can help would be appreciated or any other advice in this area.. I have looked through some of the history on here regarding this issue, but thought I would try for myself.

Desired functionality can be achieved by adjusting your coding. Have you got VCDS?

Reactions: mmi
Carista, OBDeleven?
Or anybody local with any of these?

Reactions: mmi
I had to do tailgate close from key fob with OBDEleven, couldn't find the option anywhere in Carista. Also I didn't think that 2016 model could be coded to do mirror fold from key fob, or did i imagine that?

From the same thread:
If it is mid 2017 onwards (ie an MY18 model) then it should do it as standard
If it is mid 2017 or earlier then its probably got the Q door modules and will not work.

Thanks everyone for all your inputs, it’s very much appreciated but being new to this game a lot of your advice/suggestions means nothing to me..!!
all I can add is that the van was 1st registered in Oct 2016. I believe it has the comfort function as windows open and close with a long press of the fob.. the thing I find really odd like I said is that the tailgate opens with the fob, but won’t close, the indicators flash but nothing happens.. sorry for the lack of technical knowledge.. Hence why I’m reaching out to you guys..

That's just how the electric tailgate is from the factory. It can be altered to add close from the keyfob using specific software to alter the vehicle configuration. This is what VCDS, Carista (maybe) or OBDEleven can do. No-one knows why VW choose not to include the feature as standard.

Just an update on this query..

Does anyone have or can recommend anyone who has the correct equipment/software that might be able to check wether this is possible to upgrade, in the Portsmouth or surrounding area..?

Thank you..

It’s always worth sticking your head in at any motability companies you might have local, I known a couple lads that work at one and they are have come across most things wiring wise when adapting vehicles for their clients and won’t rip you off

Back