Spambarded !

Sackmycook

Ex-owner
T6 Legend
My email inbox has been in overdrive tonight....
.....my Santander account needs verifying (I dont have one)
.....my Microsoft profile needs updating to accept new terms and conditions.
.....Risla in Poland likes the look of me and wants to hook up for sexychat.

Anyone else under attack ?

I am getting loads telling me I have a parcel waiting. And several phone calls from "Amazon".

Pete

Sadly there is a serious side to this, I have an elderly relative who has been scammed twice, we have now ensured that he has no online banking facilities so that the vermin cannot try to take any more from him this way. Thankfully on both occasions the bank stopped the transactions. He gets phone calls every day from scammers around the world and I am at my wits end, he also gets begging letters from numerous "charities" around the world, The "pay for urgent medicine / water / iPhone or the child / dog / donkey will die" type of letters, I'm sure he has donated to some and the parasites see him as a good target.

My late brother used to get sucked into this sort of thing, although that was more by 'chuggers' rather than online. Makes me want to rip their arms off and beat them with the soggy end!:mad::mad:

It's really disgraceful.
These people are organised and have little chance of being traced, caught and prosecuted. They only have to have one success to make it worthwhile...

While I'm on.....charity bags shoved through letter boxes....I'm up to 4-5 a month.

Sadly there is a serious side to this, I have an elderly relative who has been scammed twice, we have now ensured that he has no online banking facilities so that the vermin cannot try to take any more from him this way. Thankfully on both occasions the bank stopped the transactions. He gets phone calls every day from scammers around the world and I am at my wits end, he also gets begging letters from numerous "charities" around the world, The "pay for urgent medicine / water / iPhone or the child / dog / donkey will die" type of letters, I'm sure he has donated to some and the parasites see him as a good target.
He’s on a list that gets sold on to other scammers, I fear

A sexy Russian wants to meet me, not sure if it’s male or female?
Someone wants to help with my erectile disfunction???
A new payment has been set up on my account that needs confirming.
Also, if I don’t phone the supplied mobile number my sky will be cut off because of missed payments.

Busy day ahead, best have my bank details and credit card handy!

A sexy Russian wants to meet me, not sure if it’s male or female?
Someone wants to help with my erectile disfunction???
A new payment has been set up on my account that needs confirming.
Also, if I don’t phone the supplied mobile number my sky will be cut off because of missed payments.

Busy day ahead, best have my bank details and credit card handy!
Could get worse, somebody might try and tempt you to buy some over rated, over priced fancy named shock absorbers with bright coloured paint job.

It's not a scam is it? :oops:
not at all, thats a very reputable site, run by a msft regional director in aus. he collaborated with FBI recently to help those caught in the Emotet malware.
you can trust results on HIBP.
you can sign up for alerts on it.
you should ask your emplyer to enable it for their email domain.

My email inbox has been in overdrive tonight....
.....my Santander account needs verifying (I dont have one)
.....my Microsoft profile needs updating to accept new terms and conditions.
.....Risla in Poland likes the look of me and wants to hook up for sexychat.

Anyone else under attack ?

The first two are spam, the last one is an opportunity.

Back