Sound deaden cab floor or not?

Trekster

Going to insulate the cab floor, choice is 6mm thermoliner or 7mm thermoliner duo 2mm sound deadening with 5mm closed cell foam
What do people recommend, will deadening the cab floor make much difference or minimal?

Going to insulate the cab floor, choice is 6mm thermoliner or 7mm thermoliner duo 2mm sound deadening with 5mm closed cell foam
What do people recommend, will deadening the cab floor make much difference or minimal?
Did you decide to do the floor in the end? I'm having the same dilema.

Did you decide to do the floor in the end? I'm having the same dile
was looking at the same did you decide what you are going to do

...dead money as floor is very rigid. Made this mistake on two vans.
That presumes the sound deadening is to prevent resonance in the floor itself. Did it not attenuate tyre/road noise?

I suggest to use sound deadening (butyl based) then apply closed cell foam on the top of it for the best result, that if you would like to get rid of the noise within the van. If you want to reduce the road noise, you need MLV based insulation, like PeaceMat XXX
I bought all of mine insulation supplies from www.carinsulation.co.uk, so far, I found them the most reliable and affordable

Back