Harrison thermoliner?

Toffermora

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi,
I am confused, what is Harrison thermoliner? Is it a sound deadning and thermal layer in one or do i still need another layer before the carpet? I have been going through a lot of threads and I cant get around what I am supposed to use for what?! Can someone point me to a thread that goes step by step on what I need to insulate and sound deaden a van!! Stressing me out and thinking I don't actually want to convert a stupid van!!!

It's a thermal layer only. Normally people stick a sound deadening layer on before the thermal layer. Then after that some thermal fleece (the recycled plastic bottle type)

I bought a samples sheet from Harrison's the other day. It has some thermo liner on it...

16793446624663645317657427157572.jpg

16793447128304644360106548249211.jpg

I also bought some dodo mat thermo liner, 12mm so about twice as thick.... Not great photos but hopefully gives you a better idea of what you need.

16793448226467345676193569470712.jpg

Try and enjoy the sound deadening and insulation part. Put some music on don't rush it. It's going to be the easiest bit. At least in my opinion.

Ah ok thanks, Have just found a dodo mat kit that contains both so might go for that then! Thanks for the info, have had a beer and calmed down a bit now!!

• Haha
Reactions: Bav
Ye it's a bit of a minefield, everyone seems to have a slightly different way of doing it.

I still haven't worked out how to link a thread, but I've found this thread below helpful. Paste it in the search bar

'Step / Guide / dumping ground to Lining, Sound-Deadening and Insulating'

I still haven't worked out how to link a thread

Hover over the "share" icon on the post you wish to link to (as indicated below), click on the address in the pop-up that appears and then copy/paste it into your post. :thumbsup:

tempsnip.png

Back