So I Brought A T6

Looking good bud, whats the panel lining you have?.
Any plans with the orginal wheels?.

Is that a leightons van? If so a guy just down the road from me has bought one very similar to that,can tell by the graphics!. Looks a nice van.

Looking good bud, whats the panel lining you have?.
Any plans with the orginal wheels?.
The old wheels I would imagine they keep them. You can always ask Leighton vans what the deal is with them. The rear liner is done by them also in suede which is really nice and gives it s more car like feel.

Oh dear I have heard this is a common fault. Is it expensive would be under warranty any way wouldn’t it be? Cheers

It's covered under warranty, but it took the best part of 20 days in a local VW garage to get it sorted - the replacement EGR valve ended up having a faulty temperature sensor which led to further problems. It wasn't a great start to the van.

Leighton Van's finish is really polished, internally and externally, but I can't recommend what they do with the wheel size and suspension lowering. After six months of having my spine shattered every time I go over a bump, damaged front top mounts due to driving 100 metres on a dirt track and really loud vibrations when you hit around 80mph on the motorway I've ended up forking out an additional £2k to get the lowered suspension taken out, replace it with OEM VW suspension coils, getting rid of the 20" alloys that Leighton supplied (see this thread as they're on sale) and getting smaller 18" alloys and new tyres for them. The enjoyment and comfort of the T6 has gone up infinitely after all this work.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but I just can't see how vanity can override practicality when it comes to driving the van.

Last edited:
Fair enough hopefully it will all be ok the van is priced very well to others I have looked at 9400 miles 204ps DSG with sat nav app connect reverse camera etc. So I can’t grumble at the moment cheers

Back