Sluggish Cranking

mopardave

150 Kombi Manual
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I've noticed that if my van is left for a few days, it almost seems reluctant to fire up.....when I say that, I mean it needs to turn over several times before it fires. Today, my vw connect app threw me off and said I needed to register again.....then it threw up an alternator fault. Nothing was showing on the dash....just on my mobile. As an aside, for some reason, I'm unable to log back in to VW connect.....it just takes me to a german web page!!! I wondered if the app had actually detected a fault with my charging system or was it throwing a wobbly. The app said my battery was showing 11.8 volts.....which seems a little low to me??? Has anyone any thoughts on how I'd know there was a fault with the charging system.....apart from the obvious!! Not impressed with the app....might just wang that bloody thing under my dash! :(

I'd look at giving the Starter battery a good charge, my T6 does the same until i throw it on the Ctek over night, then I'm good for a while.

There is a chance you have some drain on the battery after you switch it off..

Also the T6 only keeps the starter battery 80% charged, so any drain on battery affects the battery quicker

I'd look at giving the Starter battery a good charge, my T6 does the same until i throw it on the Ctek over night, then I'm good for a while.

There is a chance you have some drain on the battery after you switch it off..

Also the T6 only keeps the starter battery 80% charged, so any drain on battery affects the battery quicker
Thanks Bryn.......but I've wondered about the battery for a while. I mean to say that the stop start on mine has never been quick to stop/start if you get my drift? I always thought that the way your stop/start behaves is an indication of the state of your battery??

i see what you mean,

Maybe some here has the answer to that?

I've got a new triple charger coming in next week to replace the Factory AUX battery charger, current solar charger and Ctek mains charger, and as that charges 1-4 ah from solar into my main battery, it should hopefully keep it topped up while sitting outside.

Back