Sleeping arrangements - Family of 4

paradigm

VIP Member
T6 Pro
We've got a LWB so have a full size bed in the load area which fits me a Mrs Paradigm.

Can't afford a pop top and wife is dead against the kids in a roof tent or in the awning.

Current thinking is:

Cab - 3 year old
German Quality Cab Child Bunk for VW T5 / T6

Rear Seats - 6 year old

Any other options I've not thought of?

You can get a cab-bunk but that only fits one (small!) one. I've never seen one of those air-bed things and I can't quite see how that fits in addition to your bed given the rear seats appear to stay in place but if it fits, it fits! Personally I'd chuck 'em out into the awning....

You can get a cab-bunk but that only fits one (small!) one. I've never seen one of those air-bed things and I can't quite see how that fits in addition to your bed given the rear seats appear to stay in place but if it fits, it fits! Personally I'd chuck 'em out into the awning....
Air bed thing would be on the rear seats (as they can remain in-situ with the full length bed on a LWB). I have a sneaking suspicion they will be shite, but will give them a go

We have a storage box between the 2 captain seats and lie a futon along the front seats for child 1. Will be changing this for a bunk as soon as I can trust child 3 and 4 to stay in it :D . Futon works much better than the air bed for us. No pumping up, more comfortable and it folds into 3 during the day so doesn't take up too much space.

Full size bed in the back for child 2, 3 & 4 and me. It works because we are all small and we only do it for a few nights at a time max.

Child 3 & 4 car seats go on the floor between cab bed and full size bed. As soon as 1,2,3 & 4 grow even another cm I don't think we will fit in this tetris cube though!

We do the opposite to what you don’t want to do, kids in the back of the van for security and us in the awning. Means they can’t get out (easily) without coming through the awning, we have more space and on evening a separate “room” to move around in.

I don’t see how it’ll realistically be useable / enjoyable with 4 people in a van, with no awning or pop top. You’re just climbing over each other to do anything or get out.

What we do is split the kids. The boss gets the van with our daughter and my son and I are in the awning with the dogs!
But 2 adults and 2 kids (10 and 7) and 2 dogs fit fine.
Then everyone is safe and no kids left alone

We do the opposite to what you don’t want to do, kids in the back of the van for security and us in the awning. Means they can’t get out (easily) without coming through the awning, we have more space and on evening a separate “room” to move around in.

I don’t see how it’ll realistically be useable / enjoyable with 4 people in a van, with no awning or pop top. You’re just climbing over each other to do anything or get out.
It's an option yes. We've got a decent enough (Kayham 380) awning

Hey sorry to dig up an old thread, did you get one of those inflatable beds? I'm looking to do similar, I have a cabbunk for my daughter but my lad is too big for that now.

Hey sorry to dig up an old thread, did you get one of those inflatable beds? I'm looking to do similar, I have a cabbunk for my daughter but my lad is too big for that now.
I did yes. 4 year old loves it (more than the 6 year old likes her cab-bed anyway). If you've got leather seats like me, I would recommend putting a sheet down as it squeaks when she wiggles around

Back